Launching Editra Failed?

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
dmasterxd
Regular
Completed: Mage Wars
Projects: Falling Star
Organization: Star Guide

Launching Editra Failed?

#1 Post by dmasterxd »

Okay so I opened up renpy and then when I clicked on the script for one of my games it was blank. But when I clicked on launch project the game worked fine (complete with all of the script I wrote) I went through all of my games and it's the same for every one.

I'm just so confused though because when I click on the script files they're all blank. And the home screen says launching Editra failed. So what's up with this? Can I get my script back? Because I still have some things I need to edit. Any help would be appreciated. Please and thank you.

andrewngn13
Regular
Projects: Recast

Re: Launching Editra Failed?

#2 Post by andrewngn13 »

Funnily enough, just got that error a few minutes ago and was starting to panic thinking I lost all my code. Fortunately, it all showed back up when I restarted ren'py.

TheChris
Regular
Projects: Stickshooter
Deviantart: innocencecanceller

Re: Launching Editra Failed?

#3 Post by TheChris »

dmasterxd wrote:Okay so I opened up renpy and then when I clicked on the script for one of my games it was blank. But when I clicked on launch project the game worked fine (complete with all of the script I wrote) I went through all of my games and it's the same for every one.

I'm just so confused though because when I click on the script files they're all blank. And the home screen says launching Editra failed. So what's up with this? Can I get my script back? Because I still have some things I need to edit. Any help would be appreciated. Please and thank you.
Sometimes my computer does this, but all I have to do is wait. After a few moments, Editra launches without the script (just like you've described). Once Editra is running, I re-click on the script name in Renpy and it loads just fine. For some reason my computer occasionally can't handle loading both the program and the script. Maybe your computer has the same problem.