Main menu generator (ver 1.15)

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
JQuartz
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: 0 completed game. Still haven't made any meaningfully completed games...

Re: Main menu generator (ver 1.13-Completed!)

#46 Post by JQuartz »

sharakael wrote:does it delete the pre-set themes that came with renpy itself?
It shouldn't and it didn't do so for me. Anyway, the layouts(http://www.renpy.org/wiki/renpy/doc/ref ... _main_menu) Pytom made is easier and less buggy. Perhaps you should use that instead.
I suspect somebody is stealing my internet identity so don't believe everything I tell you via messages. I don't post or send messages anymore so don't believe anything I tell you via messages or posts.

Misaki
Projects: Chibi Lobe Game

Re: Main menu generator (ver 1.13-Completed!)

#47 Post by Misaki »

I don't know why, but I made my menu, all was perfect, but when I launch to see if all is ok, it shows that the bouton " continue " isn't there, there is an hole were it is supposed to be...

Help please ? :)

JQuartz
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: 0 completed game. Still haven't made any meaningfully completed games...

Re: Main menu generator (ver 1.15)

#48 Post by JQuartz »

Misaki wrote:it shows that the bouton " continue " isn't there, there is an hole were it is supposed to be...
I think this is caused by the xpos of the button. You can either edit the xpos of the continue button to 0 or you can use ver 1.15(first page) to generate a new mainmenu.rpy. If this doesn't help then please post the mainmenu.rpy so that I can see where the error is at.
I suspect somebody is stealing my internet identity so don't believe everything I tell you via messages. I don't post or send messages anymore so don't believe anything I tell you via messages or posts.

Misaki
Projects: Chibi Lobe Game

#49 Post by Misaki »

With the 1.15, all goes alright ! Thanks ! =D

redcomet
Projects: Watch

#50 Post by redcomet »

wow, it's so nice! thank you very much :)

rmcguire

#51 Post by rmcguire »

every time i try running this package i get this

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

KeyError: 'prefs_label'

While running game code:
- script at line 1874 of /Users/rorymcguire/Desktop/RenPY Games/Testing/game/JQuartz_Editor(1.15-FINAL).rpy
- python at line 507 of /Users/rorymcguire/Desktop/RenPY Games/Testing/game/JQuartz_Editor(1.15-FINAL).rpy.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

File "/Users/rorymcguire/Desktop/renpy-6.12.0 2/renpy/bootstrap.py", line 279, in bootstrap
File "/Users/rorymcguire/Desktop/renpy-6.12.0 2/renpy/main.py", line 320, in main
File "/Users/rorymcguire/Desktop/renpy-6.12.0 2/renpy/main.py", line 93, in run
File "/Users/rorymcguire/Desktop/renpy-6.12.0 2/renpy/execution.py", line 259, in run
File "/Users/rorymcguire/Desktop/renpy-6.12.0 2/renpy/ast.py", line 588, in execute
File "/Users/rorymcguire/Desktop/renpy-6.12.0 2/renpy/python.py", line 957, in py_exec_bytecode
File "renpy-6.12.0-mainline/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 17, in <module>
File "/Users/rorymcguire/Desktop/renpy-6.12.0 2/renpy/ui.py", line 236, in interact
File "/Users/rorymcguire/Desktop/renpy-6.12.0 2/renpy/display/core.py", line 1627, in interact
File "/Users/rorymcguire/Desktop/renpy-6.12.0 2/renpy/display/core.py", line 1820, in interact_core
File "/Users/rorymcguire/Desktop/renpy-6.12.0 2/renpy/display/core.py", line 1547, in compute_overlay
File "/Users/rorymcguire/Desktop/RenPY Games/Testing/game/JQuartz_Editor(1.15-FINAL).rpy", line 507, in J_mm_menu
File "/Users/rorymcguire/Desktop/renpy-6.12.0 2/renpy/ui.py", line 431, in __call__
File "/Users/rorymcguire/Desktop/renpy-6.12.0 2/renpy/display/text.py", line 675, in __init__
File "/Users/rorymcguire/Desktop/renpy-6.12.0 2/renpy/display/core.py", line 125, in __init__
File "/Users/rorymcguire/Desktop/renpy-6.12.0 2/renpy/style.py", line 780, in __init__
File "/Users/rorymcguire/Desktop/renpy-6.12.0 2/renpy/style.py", line 535, in build_style
KeyError: 'prefs_label'

While running game code:
- script at line 1874 of /Users/rorymcguire/Desktop/RenPY Games/Testing/game/JQuartz_Editor(1.15-FINAL).rpy
- python at line 507 of /Users/rorymcguire/Desktop/RenPY Games/Testing/game/JQuartz_Editor(1.15-FINAL).rpy.

kaeruranawa
Regular
Completed: Times Up: Turn the Page!
Organization: Noveleap

#52 Post by kaeruranawa »

I use Ren'Py version 6.12.0e and even though it's in the project folder, a new button doesn't show up in the menu.

Head programmer of NoveLeap. Founder, Developer and Designer of the VN GUI Project.

Image Image