Ported game to Android crashes after loading on start up.

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Cyberscum

Ported game to Android crashes after loading on start up.

#1 Post by Cyberscum »

Hello!

I'm attempting to port Long Live The Queen to my Android phone, I managed to solve most problems because others were able to deal with them and I could find the problems that I had by searching around here and other places through Google. I'm not quite familiar with Python or Ren'Py so I'm stuck on trying to fix it myself.

I'm trying to get it running on my OnePlus One, it's running Android 4.4.4, has 3GBs of RAM and a 5,5" 1080p screen. the CPU and GPU are pretty high end too so I doubt those are a problem. I'm not quite the Android warrior either so that doesn't help.

So I've been following the 2 guides that I could find:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3u9wrQm3Pc (although I'm on Windows)
https://visuallyneko.wordpress.com/2012 ... n-android/

Neither of them are completely up to date but I was able to follow the video and fix one of my problems that wasn't on there after reading a comment on the second link. I managed to create an APK file and the game worked in the Ren'Py phone emulator but when I installed the game on my phone and launched it I see the loading screen after which it just closes without any message. The game is still running in my taskmanager but the preview screen is black and when I try to get back into it it just restarts. I did find the log and traceback txt files and an empty save folder but that's all, I'll enclose the 2 txt files for you and if any other info is needed I'll try to provide that as well, I hope that someone is able to help me out here.
traceback[1].txt
traceback
(671 Bytes) Downloaded 430 times
log[1].txt
log
(3.03 KiB) Downloaded 227 times

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

Re: Ported game to Android crashes after loading on start up

#2 Post by PyTom »

Offhand, it looks like a .py file is missing. You may want to edit rapt/blacklist.txt, and get rid of the line with **.py on it.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

Cyberscum

#3 Post by Cyberscum »

Well that was easy. It worked.. Thank you so much!

I'm assuming the .py files that were noted in traceback.txt were the problem here? I wouldn't have figured it out since I didn't know .py files were missing anyway but I'm curious to see how you figured that out.

BlankBox

#4 Post by BlankBox »

I have same problem with @Cyberscum but with different game (Club Life), after porting renpy games to android, I launch it on my android phone, it's show the splash screen, but after that the game suddenly closed without any message. I check on rapt/blacklist.txt but there is no line with **.py on it.

I attach my blacklist.txt below, please help and how should I do.
Attachments
blacklist.txt
(69 Bytes) Downloaded 386 times

Zeekee
Regular
Projects: No One But You, The Anomaly
Organization: Annexe Interactive
Soundcloud: zomgaarh

Re: Ported game to Android crashes after loading on start up.

#5 Post by Zeekee »

I'm also having the same issue as @BlankBox. Any help would be much appreciated!
"When people sometimes misquote me, I don't know if they understand what I'm saying."
-Tommy Wiseau