Encryption and packing

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Yuuji
Regular

Encryption and packing

#1 Post by Yuuji »

Hello! I want to pack and encrypt data in my game with my algorithms. Is there a way I can do that? For example, can I encrypt and pack my data with my program and write reverse algorithms in python and make executable file read the data with them?
There's no point in standing around with your mouth open waiting for talent to fall from the sky. You make your own. No matter what you're doing, the most essential thing is not to give up.

LiveTurkey
Regular

Re: Encryption and packing

#2 Post by LiveTurkey »

I'm also searching if this is possible. Not just putting the scripts into some .rpa file which can easily be extracted with like 5 minutes of googling and a simple tool but some obfuscating software or something similar that makes it extremely hard to read the script files even if you unpack the .rpa. Is this possible? Like using some cypher to obscure all the code.