Couldn't find image (X) corresponding to attributes on say..

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Cheratomo
Regular
Completed: Asagao Academy: Normal Boots Club, Solstice, A Troll's Fairy Tale
Projects: [Game in Progress], A Year Abroad, Entrepreneur Simulator
Organization: Illus Seed
Tumblr: cheratomo

Couldn't find image (X) corresponding to attributes on say..

#1 Post by Cheratomo » Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:28 am

Hi!

I'm attempting to use side-portrait images, with different say statements for different images. When I try to do that and run it through lint, this happens:
game/Scripts/Chapter One/Day1v2.rpy:34 Could not find image (H surp02) corresponding to attributes on say statement.

game/Scripts/Chapter One/Day1v2.rpy:36 Could not find image (H blush) corresponding to attributes on say statement.

game/Scripts/Chapter One/Day1v2.rpy:44 Could not find image (H sad) corresponding to attributes on say statement.

game/Scripts/Chapter One/Day1v2.rpy:138 Could not find image (H surp) corresponding to attributes on say statement.

game/Scripts/Chapter One/Day1v2.rpy:141 Could not find image (H neutral02) corresponding to attributes on say statement.

game/Scripts/Chapter One/Day1v2.rpy:145 Could not find image (H sad) corresponding to attributes on say statement.

game/Scripts/Chapter One/Day1v2.rpy:150 Could not find image (H cry) corresponding to attributes on say statement.
And on and on, endlessly, for hundreds of lines. The game itself plays perfectly and each side-image is showing up in the game. Is there any way to fix this so I can continue to use lint, or do I have to go back to the old way of defining each different side-portrait as a different "character"?

Here's a portion of the script where I've defined her expressions, and some dialogue as an example:
$ H = Character("Hana", callback=callback, image ="H", ctc = anim.Blink("UI/type.png"))
image side H = "sprites/CHR_hana_neutral01.png"
image side H neutral01 = "sprites/CHR_hana_neutral01.png"
image side H neutral02 = "sprites/CHR_hana_neutral02.png"
image side H blush = "sprites/CHR_hana_blush.png"
image side H beam = "sprites/CHR_hana_beam.png"

####

M "\"Oh!\""
H neutral02 "\"Hmmm? What is it?\""
M "\"You look {i}so cute{/i}!\""
H surp02 "\"R... really?\""

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

Re: Couldn't find image (X) corresponding to attributes on s

#2 Post by PyTom » Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:21 am

Are you showing an image named H?

Actually, I'm going to look at this as a lint bug.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
"Silly and fun things are important." - Elon Musk
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom