Exception when using OOP & Rollback module and reload

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
cuttlefish
Regular

Exception when using OOP & Rollback module and reload

#1 Post by cuttlefish »

Hello, everyone!
I’m using the cookbook OOP & Rollback module to take care of rollback with class variables. But simply importing the module

Code: Select all

init -999:
    $ from oop import * 
leads to this exception whenever you try to reload (shift+r) the game:

Code: Select all

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While executing init code:
  File "renpy/common/00action_other.rpy", line 417, in script
    screen notify:
  File "renpy/common/000window.rpy", line 76, in _window_auto_callback
    if not store._window_auto:
AttributeError: 'StoreModule' object has no attribute '_window_auto'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/00action_other.rpy", line 417, in script
    screen notify:
  File "C:\Users\isana\My Applications\renpy-6.17.7-sdk\renpy\ast.py", line 1751, in execute
    statement_name("screen")
  File "C:\Users\isana\My Applications\renpy-6.17.7-sdk\renpy\ast.py", line 41, in statement_name
    i(name)
  File "renpy/common/000window.rpy", line 76, in _window_auto_callback
    if not store._window_auto:
AttributeError: 'StoreModule' object has no attribute '_window_auto'

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 6.18.3.761 
I’m not particularly bothered by having to quit the traceback screen every time, but it might have caused a blue screen of death for a friend also working on the game who wanted to reload.

The author of the module did say the code was functional but not optimal. How can the exception be fixed?

(I know there’s always the option of quitting the game normally, and using other means to jump back to the part of the game being tested, but it would be nice if the reload function worked again and the OOP module could be kept. Unless there is a simpler, no uncaught exception workaround for rollback with class variables?)