Has A Side Image But No Text(?)

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
殺す/Kurosu~❆

Has A Side Image But No Text(?)

#1 Post by 殺す/Kurosu~❆ »

So I was trying out the side image for my game and it works. Now, my problem is there is no text.

Code: Select all

define a = Character('Ayumi', color="#c8ffc8", image = "nayu", window_left_padding=160.)
Does anybody know this?
I sing for free! I guess...? Message me if you need halp, I'd be happy to sing for thy!

Song I sang if you wanna hear my voice: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=R-bJZKZZx8c

Yuuji
Regular

Re: Has A Side Image But No Text(?)

#2 Post by Yuuji »

What do you mean by 'there is no text'? You've defined a character with side image property. Now you want to use it in the game, right?

init:
    image side nayu firstImage = "path1"
    define a = Character('Ayumi', color="#c8ffc8", image = "nayu", window_left_padding=160.)

label start:
    a firstImage "My first sentence."

Or maybe I misunderstood you?
There's no point in standing around with your mouth open waiting for talent to fall from the sky. You make your own. No matter what you're doing, the most essential thing is not to give up.

Donmai
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Toire No Hanako, Li'l Red [NaNoRenO 2013], The One in LOVE [NaNoRenO 2014], Running Blade [NaNoRenO 2016], The Other Question, To The Girl With Sunflowers
Projects: Slumberland

#3 Post by Donmai »

殺す/Kurosu~❆ wrote:So I was trying out the side image for my game and it works. Now, my problem is there is no text.

Does anybody know this?
Delete that decimal point at the end of the line. It's a small point, but it's giving you a big problem. Should be left padding = 160 (not 160.) :wink: .
No, sorry! You must be mistaking me for someone else.
TOIRE NO HANAKO (A Story About Fear)

殺す/Kurosu~❆

#4 Post by 殺す/Kurosu~❆ »

Yuuji wrote:What do you mean by 'there is no text'? You've defined a character with side image property. Now you want to use it in the game, right?

init:
    image side nayu firstImage = "path1"

label start:
    a firstImage "My first sentence."

Or maybe I misunderstood you?
No, I meant that when I click the game the side image and the textbox appears but not the text or dialogue.
I sing for free! I guess...? Message me if you need halp, I'd be happy to sing for thy!

Song I sang if you wanna hear my voice: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=R-bJZKZZx8c

殺す/Kurosu~❆

#5 Post by 殺す/Kurosu~❆ »

Donmai wrote:
殺す/Kurosu~❆ wrote:So I was trying out the side image for my game and it works. Now, my problem is there is no text.

Does anybody know this?
Delete that decimal point at the end of the line. It's a small point, but it's giving you a big problem. Should be left padding = 160 (not 160.) :wink: .
Thank you~ The period messed up my life. :lol: Now my problem is the text isn't on the side and the side image is blocking it. XD

Donmai
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Toire No Hanako, Li'l Red [NaNoRenO 2013], The One in LOVE [NaNoRenO 2014], Running Blade [NaNoRenO 2016], The Other Question, To The Girl With Sunflowers
Projects: Slumberland

#6 Post by Donmai »

Increase the left padding value until you're satisfied.
No, sorry! You must be mistaking me for someone else.
TOIRE NO HANAKO (A Story About Fear)