Cannot start interaction in the middle of interaction

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Eliont
Regular
Completed: Begin of Evangelion, SAO - Smile of the black cat, SAO - Project "Ceramic Heart", Time for Dragons

Cannot start interaction in the middle of interaction

#1 Post by Eliont »

Hello and good time of day.

Why this error happening and how to avoid this?
Traceback screenshot was attached to the post.

Thanks in advance.
Attachments
vFW3xAfGavQ_cr.jpg

trooper6
Lemma-Class Veteran
Projects: A Close Shave

Re: Cannot start interaction in the middle of interaction

#2 Post by trooper6 »

Could you post the relevant code? It is hard to see exactly what the problem is and how to fix it without seeing the code. Be sure to post the code within the [ code] [ /code] tags (don't use the extra space I added).
A Close Shave:
*Last Thing Done (Aug 17): Finished coding emotions and camera for 4/10 main labels.
*Currently Doing: Coding of emotions and camera for the labels--On 5/10
*First Next thing to do: Code in all CG and special animation stuff
*Next Next thing to do: Set up film animation
*Other Thing to Do: Do SFX and Score (maybe think about eye blinks?)
Check out My Clock Cookbook Recipe: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 51&t=21978

xela
Lemma-Class Veteran

Re: Cannot start interaction in the middle of interaction

#3 Post by xela »

We've been going over this issue on Skype, it's a complex project with a lot of code that seems to run into multiple and some of the weirdest issues I've ever seen in Ren'Py. The same code sometimes works on one machine but not on another, sometimes fails to recompile, sometimes throws this error while renpy.pause() should not even interrupt the interaction at all...

I expect that we figure it out or at least narrow down the error... right now my instinct tells me that it's a parser making a mess due to some weird mess in the code but I do not have a clue on how to narrow that error down :( Also, sending this amount of code to PyTom while it is causing different errors on different machines and the project itself is in Russian is not a good option either. We'll keep hacking at it, maybe something obvious will surface at some point.
Like what we're doing? Support us at: