Website Rotation Nominations

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

Website Rotation Nominations

#1 Post by PyTom »

Okay, we've had a lot of new games since the last time I updated the rotation of games on the front page of the Ren'Py website.

Remember that the purpose of the games on the front page are to show off Ren'Py, so for a game to be featured, you should be able to write something like: "Game uses feature of Ren'Py to something interesting". There should also be a good screenshot, preferably one that demonstrates the feature in action. We could also have unusually beautiful screenshots, especially if someone can think up something to say about them. And don't forget that customized menus and things like that could count.

I'd prefer non-hentai games, if possible. (Which is a shame, as Triona was one of the more impressive games from a technical standpoint. But I'm not sure I want to feature a hentai game on the front page... and that means I might be taking Netteststadt troll down once new screenshots are added.)

So I'm asking people to make nominations of games they found impressive, so that I can include them in the rotation. It would probably be best if people nominated other people's games, at least to start with.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

Ignosco
Veteran

Re: Website Rotation Nominations

#2 Post by Ignosco »

The sliding puzzles, general presentation, and use of sound in Lady Sugarplum's Bad Day, made the game very memorable for me. This screenshot posted in the completed games thread http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/downlo ... &mode=view would probably work well.