File picker menu question

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Tage
Regular

File picker menu question

#1 Post by Tage »

I REALLY liked the way you had the file picker menu set up in version 4.3...and I was wondering if it was still possible to set it up like that in the more recent releases? How the save files are just text and when you hover over one it shows a larger image to the right of the screen. And if it is possible, would it also be possible to move that image to the bottom left or something? lol

I stay up way too late...

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#2 Post by PyTom »

The problem with 4.3 was that loading took longer than I wanted, and so it felt really laggy.

But I'll look into providing a choice of file-pickers in the next version of Ren'Py.

Do you have a game that will be released in any reasonable timeframe? I'm now focusing on scriptwriting and art for a game, and those are taking much of my time.

Tage
Regular

#3 Post by Tage »

Ah, I see...

Nah, I won't be releasing anything in a reasonable amount of time, unless you count many months as reasonable, lol. By all means, work on your game right now, hehe. =D Worry about it later, or don't worry about it at all, lol. Thanks for the help!

Edit: Actually, I'll try for completion by the IntRenAiMo deadline...