Credit in Main Menu

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
canonic22
Regular
Tumblr: akira
Deviantart: akira
Github: akira

Credit in Main Menu

#1 Post by canonic22 »

So I wanted to make the credit that look like settings or load menu, I mean when you clicked the credit menu, it will show the credit and also have back button to back to main Menu. Is there a way to do that ?

Thanks

xela
Lemma-Class Veteran

Re: Credit in Main Menu

#2 Post by xela »

You can copy how the other screens that are shown from the main menu but a normal screen will work as well. Search for screens/main menu in docs or take a look at screens.rpy.
Like what we're doing? Support us at:

bumblebeary
Deviantart: carbuncle22
itch: bumblebeary

#3 Post by bumblebeary »

Was anyone able to figure out how to do this properly? I'm a bit code-slow and was only able to make a button that goes nowhere for my credits page. I was hoping someone could assist with how to make a button on the main menu that basically just links to an image credit page that you can tap different buttons for (Music, Voices, Etc) versus the scrolling kind. Any assistance would be most appreciated!

Soliloquy
Regular

#4 Post by Soliloquy »

bumblebeary wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:21 am Was anyone able to figure out how to do this properly? I'm a bit code-slow and was only able to make a button that goes nowhere for my credits page. I was hoping someone could assist with how to make a button on the main menu that basically just links to an image credit page that you can tap different buttons for (Music, Voices, Etc) versus the scrolling kind. Any assistance would be most appreciated!
So, if I'm reading this correctly, you're looking to add a main menu button that links to a credits page that looks kind of like the standard options page? I'm pretty new myself, but I've managed some buttons on my own. PM me and I'll flood you with the questions I have about your project. ^^