Stopping right mouse click and ESC from opening save menu

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
InvertMouse
Regular
Completed: Unhack
Organization: InvertMouse

Stopping right mouse click and ESC from opening save menu

#1 Post by InvertMouse »

Hello :). I am working on a project that includes small amounts of gameplay, and during gameplay, I would like to prevent users from saving the game. Currently, during gameplay segments, the dialogue bar is hidden, so there is no way to click on the save button from there. However, players can still access the save menu by hitting the ESC key or the right mouse button. I wanted to see if there is a way to disable those shortcuts? Also, is there any other way players can access the save menu aside from those methods?

Thank you everyone!

HB38
Regular

Re: Stopping right mouse click and ESC from opening save men

#2 Post by HB38 »

InvertMouse wrote:Hello :). I am working on a project that includes small amounts of gameplay, and during gameplay, I would like to prevent users from saving the game. Currently, during gameplay segments, the dialogue bar is hidden, so there is no way to click on the save button from there. However, players can still access the save menu by hitting the ESC key or the right mouse button. I wanted to see if there is a way to disable those shortcuts? Also, is there any other way players can access the save menu aside from those methods?

Thank you everyone!
Not sure how to suppress that there, but you're also going to want to prevent rollback too (defaults to mouse wheel).

Alex
Lemma-Class Veteran

#3 Post by Alex »

InvertMouse
Regular
Completed: Unhack
Organization: InvertMouse

#4 Post by InvertMouse »

Thank you to you both for the help :)!