Edge Scrolling on a Gallery CG

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Lazy-Levia

Edge Scrolling on a Gallery CG

#1 Post by Lazy-Levia »

I have one CG that quite long (I mean, my game-window size is 800x600, while the CG is 1000x600) and when I want to show it in my game, I used Pan(#put the rest number here) to show it fully. Now, my question is :

1. How it will be looked in my gallery? stretched out or..how?

2. Can I use edge scrolling in gallery to fully show that CG? I bumped up with edge scrolling in renpy tutorial, I found the code, but I don't know how to use it.. the code is pretty simple tho, but.. since I used "gallery.rpy" created by Leon (and it takes me 1 week to adjust the script into my game, thanks for my lack of renpy-coding-knowledge) I don't know where to put the code..

Thanks before for the help!

Code: Select all

screen edgescroll_screen:

viewport:
        edgescroll (150, 500)
        add "concert2"
Attachments
gallery.rpy
(6.1 KiB) Downloaded 88 times
Sorry for my bad English ( TvT)/ Please take care of me~ /deep bows/
"Lazyness will get you nowhere. Do what you should do." -Any parents in this world would say
"learn as though you would never be able to master it, hold it as though you would be in fear of losing it."-Confucius

pyopyon
Veteran
Completed: https://chouette.itch.io/
Projects: Ocean Pearls, Catching the Fox [NaNo16], Singles
Organization: Jellyfish Parade
Tumblr: jelpiparade
Soundcloud: pyopyon
itch: chouette

Re: Edge Scrolling on a Gallery CG

#2 Post by pyopyon »

I have this exact question...

Is it possible to edge scroll a CG in a CG Gallery?
Image ImageImage

WiP: Image

✿ Writer for Trade/Commission ✿