Strange Android Problem

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Lightworker
Regular
Projects: Detroit.exe
Discord: Happiness+#1168

Strange Android Problem

#1 Post by Lightworker »

From last post, I got on a new computer to download Renpy. I went to Android while "The Question" was my active project.
Ren'py says,
The JDK is present and working. Good!

Apache ANT has already been unpacked.

The Android SDK has already been unpacked.
As it was about to download and install the required Android packages...

Code: Select all

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/android.rpy", line 445, in script
  File "game/android.rpy", line 447, in <module>
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'C:\\Users\\Owner\\Google Drive\\renpy-6.99.8-sdk\\rapt\\android-sdk-r23/extras/google/play_apk_expansion/downloader_library/project.properties'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/android.rpy", line 445, in script
  File "C:\Users\Owner\Google Drive\renpy-6.99.8-sdk\renpy\ast.py", line 805, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Users\Owner\Google Drive\renpy-6.99.8-sdk\renpy\python.py", line 1461, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/android.rpy", line 447, in <module>
  File "C:\Users\Owner\Google Drive\renpy-6.99.8-sdk\rapt\buildlib\rapt\install_sdk.py", line 263, in install_sdk
    get_packages(interface)
  File "C:\Users\Owner\Google Drive\renpy-6.99.8-sdk\rapt\buildlib\rapt\install_sdk.py", line 186, in get_packages
    with open(plat.path("android-sdk/extras/google/play_apk_expansion/downloader_library/project.properties"), "r") as f:
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'C:\\Users\\Owner\\Google Drive\\renpy-6.99.8-sdk\\rapt\\android-sdk-r23/extras/google/play_apk_expansion/downloader_library/project.properties'

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 6.99.8.959
Ren'Py Launcher 6.99.8.959
From my first post, the build.xml was missing on a different computer.
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... =8&t=37016
My second post was that if I could redirect Ren'Py's JAVA_HOME to the same as Android Studio's.
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... =8&t=37072

I do not know what to do :cry:

Lightworker
Regular

Re: Strange Android Problem

#2 Post by Lightworker »

Yep, totally crying right now. *sniff* *Sniff*
Can anyone help me?

xela
Lemma-Class Veteran

#3 Post by xela »

This doesn't look like a Ren'Py problem, something could simply be messed up in your project or your OS (like user permissions/encryption/OS path to Java/etc.).

Try finding the issue and fixing it yourself. Try an Android build for Question project first, if that fails (it really should considering the errors), check all of the stuff I mentioned above. Use google to help you tracking down and understanding the issues, noone around here can really help better than that if it is not Ren'Py related because those "OS" errors are usually very specific (sometimes rare due to weird user actions) and can be fixed once you track them down off a huge amount of examples you can find through search engines (just try to phrase them properly).
Like what we're doing? Support us at:

Lightworker
Regular

#4 Post by Lightworker »

I am not sure if it is OS problem, if it is, then it should not affect a totally different computer. I know the android.rpy is missing, however the last computer lost its build.xml. The only people who know Ren'Py really well are on this forum. It's not like I could go on Stack Exchange for something like this. If that were the case, this problem would have been solved by Tuesday. But it's been over a week, since I first encountered this in my visual novel and thought about beta-testing it again in "The Question", which leads me to here.

Code: Select all

check all of the stuff I mentioned above.
What stuff? I do not see anything.

xela
Lemma-Class Veteran

#5 Post by xela »

Lightworker wrote:What stuff? I do not see anything.
I meant this:
(like user permissions/encryption/OS path to Java/etc.).
This really doesn't feel like a Ren'Py error. Try finding a new PC with a fresh install of Ren'Py and just copy you game folder there (not the whole Ren'Py SDK). I have a very limited experience with Androids builds beyond helping out on a few projects but this is not one of the "usual" problems and it really feels like a mess made on user level.
Like what we're doing? Support us at:

Lightworker
Regular

#6 Post by Lightworker »

Try finding a new PC with a fresh install of Ren'Py and just copy you game folder there (not the whole Ren'Py SDK).
Xela, I did just that. :(

http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... =8&t=37072

Lightworker
Regular

#7 Post by Lightworker »

It's been about a month now, and still no solution.

i_jemin
Regular
Github: i_jemin

#8 Post by i_jemin »

I guess Rapt install sequence conflicts with latest JDK cuz after I update JDK and Android Studio for latest version today, I got same error. And I didn't get these error when I try to reinstall rapt yesterday.

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#9 Post by PyTom »

I am working on updating android so this won't occur again, but it takes a while.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

i_jemin
Regular
Github: i_jemin

#10 Post by i_jemin »

PyTom wrote:I am working on updating android so this won't occur again, but it takes a while.
Always thanks you for your hard work PyTom! 8ㅁ8

Thedarkjoa
Regular

#11 Post by Thedarkjoa »

This guy fix that problem, read the quote below
theCodeCat wrote:I recently had that problem with Android as well.
I think some of the google-play libraries have gotten renamed preventing RAPT from finding them.

I was able to get my Android build to work by:
1. Going into the RAPT android SDK folder (I:\renpy-6.18.3-sdk\rapt\android-sdk-r24.4.1 on my machine)
2. Using the SDK Manager application to download all necessary packages, which includes "Google Play APK Expansion library" and "Google Play Licensing Library"
3. Going into "extras/google" and renaming the "market_apk_expansion" & "market_licensing" folders to "play_apk_expansion" & "play_licensing" respectively.

After renaming those folders RAPT was able to make a build and everything seems to be working.
Hopefully this helps someone :D

Lightworker
Regular

#12 Post by Lightworker »

Yes, finally a lead! :mrgreen: :D
So.... He is using Android Studio to download those two packages? Just making sure. Also, where would "extras/Google" be at? In the Rapt folder after installation of the AS packages?