ATL - Character Walks Past You While Dissolving (solved)

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
sheetcakeghost
Veteran

ATL - Character Walks Past You While Dissolving (solved)

#1 Post by sheetcakeghost »

So I was playing Duel Love (don't judge me) and they have an effect in the game where the sprite moves towards you and to your left while dissolving giving the illusion of walking past you. The second I saw that I thought "man, I bet I could do that with ATL". So I tried. And I've failed miserably at it.

Code: Select all

transform zoomer:
        size (1280, 720) crop (0, 150, 400, 300)
        linear 2.0 crop (0, 0, 800, 600)

define walkpast = ComposeTransition(dissolve, before=zoomer)
That's the code I put together, but when I use it I get the "new_widget not known by ATL" error.

Considering I have no idea what I'm actually doing I thought one of you lovely folks might be willing to help me out.
Last edited by sheetcakeghost on Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SundownKid
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: Icebound, Selenon Rising Ep. 1-2
Projects: Selenon Rising Ep. 3-4
Organization: Fastermind Games
Deviantart: sundownkid

Re: ATL - Character Walks Past You While Dissolving (help)

#2 Post by SundownKid »

Probably because you are using really outdated code. Im not even sure that IS ATL.

It would be done something more like:

Code: Select all

transform zoomer:
    ease 1.0 xalign 0.2 yalign 1.1 zoom 1.2 alpha 0.0

hide person at zoomer

sheetcakeghost
Veteran

Re: ATL - Character Walks Past You While Dissolving (help)

#3 Post by sheetcakeghost »

Yep, that would probably be it! I feel like a dummy forgetting that "alpha" exists and trying to compose the zoom into a transition so I can use dissolve.

Thanks loads!