How to both scale and change x/yalign for side image

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Batensan
Regular
Completed: Moon Observatory (Ciel, Anholly, Iris), Pizzaro Project Deep Dish
Tumblr: batensan
Deviantart: batensan
itch: batensan

How to both scale and change x/yalign for side image

#1 Post by Batensan »

For certain reasons such as having multiple playable protagonists, I'd like to both scale and change the x/y alignment for the small side image instead of simply having a preshrunk side image. I've looked around and haven't figured out how to do it yet, and I'm really tired of trying around this code...

Code: Select all

define eileen = Character ('Eileen',
    window_left_padding=160,
    show_side_image= im.FactorScale("eileen normal.png", 0.5,0.5))
Say that I wanted "xalign=-0.1, yalign=1.5" How do you insert this into the code or an alternative that gives the same result?

For aesthetic reasons, I don't want the default entire image anchored in the corner that "image side" creates.
Developer of Moon Observatory.

namastaii
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Template Maker for Ren'Py, What Life
Github: lunalucid
Soundcloud: LunaLucidMusic
itch: lunalucid

Re: How to both scale and change x/yalign for side image

#2 Post by namastaii »

those 0.5's should be the scale of the image in the factorscale parentheses and in the parentheses after the name or padding I think you can just put xalign=-0.1 etc. Try that out. I use side images too but mine are from live composites so my positioning is in a different chunk of code instead of the image definition