UI problem? I think?

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
femslashfatale
Regular
Projects: Match Made in Heaven, Worlds Without You, Fight or Flirt!

UI problem? I think?

#1 Post by femslashfatale »

I'm honestly not sure what I did that caused this to happen.
Right-clicking during the game to get to the save/load screen gets me this:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/screens.rpy", line 319, in <module>
use file_picker
File "game/screens.rpy", line 267, in <module>
action FilePagePrevious()
File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 579, in __init__
page = str(int(page) - 1)
TypeError: 'int' object is not callable

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in script
$ ui.interact()
File "D:\~My Documents\References\Applications\Renpy\renpy\ast.py", line 756, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "D:\~My Documents\References\Applications\Renpy\renpy\python.py", line 1382, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in <module>
$ ui.interact()
File "D:\~My Documents\References\Applications\Renpy\renpy\ui.py", line 264, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "D:\~My Documents\References\Applications\Renpy\renpy\display\core.py", line 2065, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, **kwargs)
File "D:\~My Documents\References\Applications\Renpy\renpy\display\core.py", line 2309, in interact_core
root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
File "D:\~My Documents\References\Applications\Renpy\renpy\display\core.py", line 306, in visit_all
d.visit_all(callback)
File "D:\~My Documents\References\Applications\Renpy\renpy\display\core.py", line 306, in visit_all
d.visit_all(callback)
d.visit_all(callback)
File "D:\~My Documents\References\Applications\Renpy\renpy\display\core.py", line 308, in visit_all
callback(self)
File "D:\~My Documents\References\Applications\Renpy\renpy\display\core.py", line 2309, in <lambda>
root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
File "D:\~My Documents\References\Applications\Renpy\renpy\display\screen.py", line 181, in per_interact
self.update()
File "D:\~My Documents\References\Applications\Renpy\renpy\display\screen.py", line 288, in update
self.screen.function(**self.scope)
File "D:\~My Documents\References\Applications\Renpy\renpy\screenlang.py", line 1239, in __call__
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, locals=scope)
File "D:\~My Documents\References\Applications\Renpy\renpy\python.py", line 1382, in py_exec_bytecode
File "game/screens.rpy", line 319, in <module>
use file_picker
File "D:\~My Documents\References\Applications\Renpy\renpy\display\screen.py", line 621, in use_screen
screen.function(**scope)
File "D:\~My Documents\References\Applications\Renpy\renpy\screenlang.py", line 1239, in __call__
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, locals=scope)
File "game/screens.rpy", line 267, in <module>
action FilePagePrevious()
File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 579, in __init__
page = str(int(page) - 1)
TypeError: 'int' object is not callable
I don't know what this means or what to do to remedy it. Also, I don't know if it's relevant but when I go to the save/load screen from the main menu it works fine?

Donmai
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Toire No Hanako, Li'l Red [NaNoRenO 2013], The One in LOVE [NaNoRenO 2014], Running Blade [NaNoRenO 2016], The Other Question, To The Girl With Sunflowers
Projects: Slumberland

Re: UI problem? I think?

#2 Post by Donmai »

Check that you don't have two variables of different type with the same name, or that you haven't created a variable that overwrite any Ren'Py internal variable. You will find a list of reserved names here: http://www.renpy.org/doc/html/reserved.html
No, sorry! You must be mistaking me for someone else.
TOIRE NO HANAKO (A Story About Fear)

femslashfatale
Regular
Projects: Match Made in Heaven, Worlds Without You, Fight or Flirt!

Re: UI problem? I think?

#3 Post by femslashfatale »

Thank you, it's fixed now! I was using "int" as a variable for intelligence, but Renpy already has that as a variable. Glad that's done.