When making an Android build, missing file error

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

When making an Android build, missing file error

#1 Post by mikey »

Hi, I get this error when building an Android version:
Got the JDK , and RAPT.
That "extras" directory doesn't exist on my computer.

Can someone help out on this? Thank you!

Code: Select all

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/android.rpy", line 447, in <module>
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'C:\\_DATA\\renpy-6.99.10-sdk\\rapt\\android-sdk-r24.4.1/extras/google/play_apk_expansion/downloader_library/project.properties'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "c:/_DATA/renpy-6.99.10-sdk/android.rpyc", line 445, in script
  File "C:\_DATA\renpy-6.99.10-sdk\renpy\ast.py", line 806, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\_DATA\renpy-6.99.10-sdk\renpy\python.py", line 1577, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "C:\_DATA\renpy-6.99.10-sdk\rapt\buildlib\rapt\install_sdk.py", line 263, in install_sdk
    get_packages(interface)
  File "C:\_DATA\renpy-6.99.10-sdk\rapt\buildlib\rapt\install_sdk.py", line 186, in get_packages
    with open(plat.path("android-sdk/extras/google/play_apk_expansion/downloader_library/project.properties"), "r") as f:
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'C:\\_DATA\\renpy-6.99.10-sdk\\rapt\\android-sdk-r24.4.1/extras/google/play_apk_expansion/downloader_library/project.properties'

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.10.1227
Ren'Py Launcher 6.99.10.1227

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

Re: When making an Android build, missing file error

#2 Post by PyTom »

Try running "install sdk" again. If that doesn't work, delete rapt/android-sdk-r24.4.1 and install the SDK again.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

IvanDrago

#3 Post by IvanDrago »

same problem. your tips do not help(

While running game code:
  File "game/android.rpy", line 445, in script
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'G:\\renpy-6.99.9-sdk\\rapt\\android-sdk-r23/extras/google/play_apk_expansion/downloader_library/project.properties'

Full traceback:
  File "G:\renpy-6.99.9-sdk\renpy\ast.py", line 806, in execute
  File "G:\renpy-6.99.9-sdk\renpy\python.py", line 1461, in py_exec_bytecode
  File "G:\renpy-6.99.9-sdk\rapt\buildlib\rapt\install_sdk.py", line 263, in install_sdk
    get_packages(interface)
  File "G:\renpy-6.99.9-sdk\rapt\buildlib\rapt\install_sdk.py", line 186, in get_packages
    with open(plat.path("android-sdk/extras/google/play_apk_expansion/downloader_library/project.properties"), "r") as f:
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'G:\\renpy-6.99.9-sdk\\rapt\\android-sdk-r23/extras/google/play_apk_expansion/downloader_library/project.properties'

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 6.99.9.1168
Ren'Py Launcher 6.99.9.1168

MimirollCookie
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Best Friends (DRAMA), Sweet and Spices (NaNo16)
Projects: Cupid's Wish, Best Friends Deux
Organization: Pastelle Studios
Deviantart: MimirollCookie

#4 Post by MimirollCookie »

Try this-
Copy the sdk installer and put it on a folder. Then delete rapt and install it again. After that, install the sdk again and restart your device.
other-
Don't install the sdk yet. Try to install it in the Ren'Py. If it didn't worked. Install the sdk then restart your computer
other-
Delete Ren'Py abd install everything again.

Hope it helps.
"If they can do it, you can do it too! make them do it. They can do it, right?" :lol:
Getting a new laptop. Hopefully going back to VN making! (BWAHAHA)

IvanDrago

#5 Post by IvanDrago »

I have this error when i install SDK :(

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran

#6 Post by mikey »

I have also tried it all now - removing just the SDK directory, removing rapt as well, installing new, installing from renpy etc... the same error all the time. :(

borrowed

#7 Post by borrowed »

found a solution to this problem it seems that rapt does not automatic download android-sdk-r23/extras/google/play_apk_expansion/downloader_library/project.properties'
i just manual download it and create a new folder name it play_apk_expansion and copy downloader_library if you cant find downloader_library it inside market_apk_expansion hope and dev find patch for this hope this help you guys it took me a whole day to find this bug or not just hoping it will be fix soon

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran

#8 Post by mikey »

borrowed wrote:found a solution to this problem it seems that rapt does not automatic download android-sdk-r23/extras/google/play_apk_expansion/downloader_library/project.properties'
i just manual download it and create a new folder name it play_apk_expansion and copy downloader_library if you cant find downloader_library it inside market_apk_expansion hope and dev find patch for this hope this help you guys it took me a whole day to find this bug or not just hoping it will be fix soon
I cannot find that market apk expansion that you mention, is it a download? Where can I find it? I searched for it, but I landed on some developer page for apk expansion in general - if you meant it's inside the SDK file, there is nothing of that kind inside the android-sdk-r24.4.1_r24.4.1-windows.zip file :(

hoonsubin

#9 Post by hoonsubin »

I also have the same error. Got it since I updated Ren'Py to 6.99.10. But I'm not sure if the error is cused by the update.

Anyway, no-matter what I do--delete rapt, use the android sdk on the Ren'Py site, delete and reinstall Ren'Py itself--it will always show this error when I try to use the 'Install SDK & Create Keys' or 'Build Package'

While running game code:
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\renpy-sdk\\rapt\\android-sdk-r24.4.1/extras/google/play_apk_expansion/downloader_library/project.properties'

Full traceback:
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\renpy-sdk\renpy\ast.py", line 806, in execute
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\renpy-sdk\renpy\python.py", line 1577, in py_exec_bytecode
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\renpy-sdk\rapt\buildlib\rapt\install_sdk.py", line 263, in install_sdk
    get_packages(interface)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\renpy-sdk\rapt\buildlib\rapt\install_sdk.py", line 186, in get_packages
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\renpy-sdk\\rapt\\android-sdk-r24.4.1/extras/google/play_apk_expansion/downloader_library/project.properties'

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.10.1227
Ren'Py Launcher 6.99.10.1227

MimirollCookie
Miko-Class Veteran

#10 Post by MimirollCookie »

That happened to me. Like a lot of times. But it was always fixed when I deleted Ren'Py and installed everything again then restarting the device. Try it.
"If they can do it, you can do it too! make them do it. They can do it, right?" :lol:

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran

#11 Post by mikey »

MimirollCookie wrote:That happened to me. Like a lot of times. But it was always fixed when I deleted Ren'Py and installed everything again then restarting the device. Try it.
I did just that and it didn't fix it. Delete everything, restart, redownload. Stil the same error, that directory doesn't exist in the sdk that renpy downloads, and not even if I download the android sdk directly.

MimirollCookie
Miko-Class Veteran

#12 Post by MimirollCookie »

That's strange. I still Use Ren'Py version 6.99.8 so no worries here.

borrowed

#13 Post by borrowed »

mikey wrote:
borrowed wrote:found a solution to this problem it seems that rapt does not automatic download android-sdk-r23/extras/google/play_apk_expansion/downloader_library/project.properties'
I cannot find that market apk expansion that you mention, is it a download? Where can I find it? I searched for it, but I landed on some developer page for apk expansion in general - if you meant it's inside the SDK file, there is nothing of that kind inside the android-sdk-r24.4.1_r24.4.1-windows.zip file :(
you must go into your rapt\android-sdk-r23 open sdk manager
after you download it go to extras folder \rapt\android-sdk-r23\extras\google you will find this folder market_apk_expansion you must rename it to play_apk_expansion <--- this this will fix your problems

after building a package midway saw this i LOL
BUILD FAILED
E:\New folder\renpy-6.99.10-sdk\rapt\android-sdk-r24.4.1\tools\ant\build.xml:597: Invalid file: E:\New folder\renpy-6.99.10-sdk\rapt\android-sdk-r24.4.1\extras\google\play_licensing\library\build.xml JUST DOWNGRADE MUCH OLDER VERSION TOO MUCH HASSEL FOR NEW VERSION WITH ALOT OF ERRORS - i after a few tries got it to work with 6.9.9.10 if you want copy rapt file for this version just tell okay

hoonsubin

#14 Post by hoonsubin »

I found a solution that worked for me!!

First, open SDK Manager.exe in the android-sdk-r24.4.1 folder with admin. then download what you need (mostly everything)
next, go to the file directory that causes the error

in this case: the directory your looking for is '[Ren'Py SDK File]\rapt\android-sdk-r24.4.1\extras\google'
there will be a file name that starts with the word 'market', change 'market' to 'play'
ex: 'market_apk_expansion' to 'play_apk_expansion'

and your ready to compile to android!

...at least this is how I fixed my problem

IvanDrago

#15 Post by IvanDrago »

I changed the name and the problem is resolved. Now renpy say "Ready to start packaking games", but in menu i can press only "install SDK" :(