Hiding the textbox / text window post-transition..

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
JustSkyLarkin

Hiding the textbox / text window post-transition..

#1 Post by JustSkyLarkin »

Hello! I've had a search around and can't seem to find the answer to my problem.

I currently have it so the textbox will disappear during a transition. On one particular scene I don't want the textbox appearing again until AFTER the user clicks their mouse. I was looking at "window hide", but I can't seem to get it working.. Can anyone help at all? :)

xela
Lemma-Class Veteran

Re: Hiding the textbox / text window post-transition..

#2 Post by xela »

JustSkyLarkin wrote:I currently have it so the textbox will disappear during a transition. On one particular scene I don't want the textbox appearing again until AFTER the user clicks their mouse. I was looking at "window hide", but I can't seem to get it working.. Can anyone help at all? :)
You prolly want pause:

Code: Select all

pause
it will plainly pause the game until plays takes some action. Maybe a better option:

pause 1.5
which will wait for a mouse click or continue the game to the next statement after 1.5 seconds elapse (1.5 is just an example, you should put the duration of your transition there).

More annoying way (for player), is it use hard pause and not allowing player doing anything meaningful for the duration but use of this "extreme" is frowned upon :)
Like what we're doing? Support us at:

JustSkyLarkin

Re: Hiding the textbox / text window post-transition..

#3 Post by JustSkyLarkin »

xela wrote:
JustSkyLarkin wrote:I currently have it so the textbox will disappear during a transition. On one particular scene I don't want the textbox appearing again until AFTER the user clicks their mouse. I was looking at "window hide", but I can't seem to get it working.. Can anyone help at all? :)
You prolly want pause:

pause
it will plainly pause the game until plays takes some action. Maybe a better option:

pause 1.5
which will wait for a mouse click or continue the game to the next statement after 1.5 seconds elapse (1.5 is just an example, you should put the duration of your transition there).

More annoying way (for player), is it use hard pause and not allowing player doing anything meaningful for the duration but use of this "extreme" is frowned upon :)
You're a superstar, thank you! :)