Transform interfering with animation speed?

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Steamgirl
Veteran
Completed: My Cup of Coffee, Queen at Arms (co-wrote a battle scene)
Projects: Stranded Hearts, Emma: A Lady's Maid
Deviantart: steamgirlgame

Transform interfering with animation speed?

#1 Post by Steamgirl »

I have an animating sprite and a transform. They work perfectly when applied separately, but when I combine them, the animation frame rate seems to slow down then speed up as if it is doing an easeout on the animation. I don't know if I'm using ATL incorrectly or whether it's a bug or performance issue. Help!

Code: Select all

image coin:
        "ui/coin1.png"
        pause 0.1
        "ui/coin2.png"
        pause 0.1
        "ui/coin3.png"
        pause 0.1
        "ui/coin4.png"
        pause 0.1
        repeat

Code: Select all

transform coinfly(startx, starty, endx, endy):
    align (startx + (renpy.random.randint(0, 5) * 0.01), starty + (renpy.random.randint(0, 5) * 0.01))
    zoom 1.0 alpha 1.0
    parallel:
        easeout 1.1 align (endx, endy) knot (renpy.random.randint(80, 99) * 0.01, renpy.random.randint(40, 60) * 0.01) zoom 0.5
    parallel:
        pause 1.0
        linear 0.2 alpha 0.0

Steamgirl
Veteran
Completed: My Cup of Coffee, Queen at Arms (co-wrote a battle scene)
Projects: Stranded Hearts, Emma: A Lady's Maid
Deviantart: steamgirlgame

Re: Transform interfering with animation speed?

#2 Post by Steamgirl »

*bump*

Anyone?

It does indeed seem to be applying an easeout on the frame rate. If I easeout over 5.0 seconds it clearly starts off animating slowly and then speeds up as it gets towards the end of the curve.
Is there anything I can do to fix or circumvent this?

morganw
Regular

Re: Transform interfering with animation speed?

#3 Post by morganw »

I've tried defining an image in the same way, as well as using your transform (with easeout and linear 5.0), and for me the animation speed on the image stays consistent for the entire duration of the move. Is there anything else that could be taking effect on it?