Drag and drop "minigame" help?

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
edgebug
Regular

Drag and drop "minigame" help?

#1 Post by edgebug »

Hey there! I'm new to Ren'py and coding in general, and I'm really enjoying it so far. I do have a question for my project, though, and I'd like to know if it's possible and/or how to do it. :D

I'd like to kind of make a "puzzle in reverse" mini-mini-minigame that the player has to 'win' before they can move on. Basically, an item is covered in vines, and the player has to move the vines--doesn't matter what order, but each movable 'piece' does overlap--to reveal the item before the game automatically moves the player on.

Thank you in advance!

curry nochi rice
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Delicatessen, Whom to Notice, Start of Something, Love Sorcery
Organization: Circle Cosine
IRC Nick: Curry
itch: project-rothera

Re: Drag and drop "minigame" help?

#2 Post by curry nochi rice »

There's this and this.

What I can suggest is you have an X number of pieces that cover the item in question, then you'll have the user drag those pieces out of the item's hotspot, then you can evaluate if there are 0 pieces remaining in the item's hotspot, or in another designated drop zone.
Personal (R-13) | Now at IndieDB | Circle Cosine's itch.io
I wanna be done.