Problem installing the Android SDK

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
brassflamingo

Problem installing the Android SDK

#1 Post by brassflamingo »

I've searched just about everywhere and tried just about every fix, but I come up with the same old problem (on two different computers...)

I'm running Ren'py as administrator,

I have the jdk installed and the javac in the path (as evidenced by putting "javac -version" into the command prompt and recieving "javac 1.8.0_92",

The "android-sdk-windows" folder is unzipped and the "android.bat" file is in the tools folder.

Still, every time I click "Install SDK & Create Keys", I always receive the same message,

Code: Select all

I'm compiling a short test program, to see if you have a working JDK on your
system.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "game/mobilebuild.rpy", line 194, in call
  File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 710, in __init__
  File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 958, in _execute_child
WindowsError: [Error 2] The system cannot find the file specified

I was unable to use javac to compile a test file. If you haven't installed
the Java Development Kit yet, please download it from:

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/index.html

The JDK is different from the JRE, so it's possible you have Java
without having the JDK. Without a working JDK, I can't continue.
What am I doing wrong?

williamd1k0
Completed: Catalendas
Projects: Ren'Py for Atom
Organization: Novastrike Media
Github: williamd1k0
itch: williamd1k0

Re: Problem installing the Android SDK

#2 Post by williamd1k0 »

There may be some problem with your PATH setting. If you have Python installed, try running the following code in cmd:

Code: Select all

python -c "from subprocess import call; call('javac -version')"
If that does not work you may have created the configuration of the PATH in the wrong way (because there is the system path and the user path).