(SOLVED) my text box is moving?!

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
maricore
Regular

(SOLVED) my text box is moving?!

#1 Post by maricore »

Edit:
(i had to enable window.yminimum, and adjust top padding for it to fit well)

alright so, this one is bugging me really good.

I made a costume text box, and when i added it to renpy it moves up and down when there is more than one line of text.
I want to be able to add as much of text as i want without the text box dancing along the text.
can anyone help me?

my game window size is 1360x760
text box size is 1360x292 (even when I made the top padding the same size of the text box it still moves with the text.)

Code: Select all

style.window.left_padding = 20
    style.window.right_padding = 10
    style.window.top_padding = 150
    style.window.bottom_padding = 100
all my margins are set to 0
here is my textbox for u to try for yourselves

namastaii
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Template Maker for Ren'Py, What Life
Github: lunalucid
Soundcloud: LunaLucidMusic
itch: lunalucid

Re: (SOLVED) my text box is moving?!

#2 Post by namastaii »

I'm going to bed soon so I'm not near my computer to dig it up but I have had this problem before and I believe I fixed it. I am not entirely sure what I did to fix it but I thought I'd give some insight before going to bed and maybe I can look deeper into it tomorrow if my guesses are wrong and just look at my actual examples on my computer.

Try setting a yminimum (and maybe even try messing with ymaximum) This could limit the textbox from moving.
If that doesn't work you could also maybe set an anchor. (yanchor i believe) which is supposed to anchor it to a specific spot..

Like I said, if nothing I mentioned helps, I can still try to look at mine and see what I did.