Android SDK & RAPT Error

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
3dmasons

Android SDK & RAPT Error

#1 Post by 3dmasons »

Attempting to use the launchers "Install SDK & Create Keys" but it keeps throwing this error:

Code: Select all

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/android.rpy", line 445, in script
  File "game/android.rpy", line 447, in <module>
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'Z:\\Renpy\\rapt\\android-sdk-r24.4.1/extras/google/play_apk_expansion/downloader_library/project.properties'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/android.rpy", line 445, in script
  File "Z:\Renpy\renpy\ast.py", line 806, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "Z:\Renpy\renpy\python.py", line 1577, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/android.rpy", line 447, in <module>
  File "Z:\Renpy\rapt\buildlib\rapt\install_sdk.py", line 263, in install_sdk
    get_packages(interface)
  File "Z:\Renpy\rapt\buildlib\rapt\install_sdk.py", line 186, in get_packages
    with open(plat.path("android-sdk/extras/google/play_apk_expansion/downloader_library/project.properties"), "r") as f:
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'Z:\\Renpy\\rapt\\android-sdk-r24.4.1/extras/google/play_apk_expansion/downloader_library/project.properties'

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 6.99.10.1227
Ren'Py Launcher 6.99.10.1227
The entire "extras" directory is indeed missing. Should I do something with RAPT manually?

Thanks.

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

Re: Android SDK & RAPT Error

#2 Post by PyTom »

Take a look at the 6.99.11 prerelease, where this problem has already been fixed.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

3dmasons

#3 Post by 3dmasons »

I apologize PyTom, my client forced me onto 6.99.10, and will see what the problem is with updating.

3dmasons

#4 Post by 3dmasons »

LMAO, that also explains why the; background "[prefix_]" wasn't working for me either.

thooruchan
Regular
Completed: The Festival, a YGO fangame
Projects: Charming Monsters (WIP)
Organization: DrawOrDrop Studio
Tumblr: thooruchan
Deviantart: thooruchan

#5 Post by thooruchan »

@PyTom

I'm having the same problem, but since version 6.11 is still not final, should I risk updating to it, or wait? I just want to be sure I'll be able to export to android without destroying my game or having to fix half of it.
(because f*ck Tyranobuilder, easy android porting my ass, and I can't even use side images =__= )
Charming Monsters, the webcomic Visual Novel BL game.

thooruchan
Regular

#6 Post by thooruchan »

thooruchan wrote:@PyTom

I'm having the same problem, but since version 6.11 is still not final, should I risk updating to it, or wait? I just want to be sure I'll be able to export to android without destroying my game or having to fix half of it.
(because f*ck Tyranobuilder, easy android porting my ass, and I can't even use side images =__= )
nvm, went head and tried it. Everything was going fine except when suddenly Editra updated and then stopped working altogether. Changed text editor to notepad, then I got this error log:

BUILD FAILED
C:\Users\thooruchan\Documents\renpy-6.99.11-sdk\rapt\android-sdk-r24.4.1\tools\ant\build.xml:1360: The following error occurred while executing this line:
C:\Users\thooruchan\Documents\renpy-6.99.11-sdk\rapt\android-sdk-r24.4.1\tools\ant\build.xml:1374: exec returned: 1

Total time: 42 seconds

The build seems to have failed.
I'm NOT good at coding besides minor tweaking. Renpy was already much better going through the process than Tyrano, but I keep running into errors and it's so frustrating.
How can I fix the error above? Am I missing something?

papiersam
Veteran
Completed: Gem Hunt Beta, 1/Probably, Animunch
Projects: The Panda Who Dreamed

#7 Post by papiersam »

Probably there was a hiccup in compiling. For me, it was a file with an improper name. Check a few lines above the lines you posted in the error log, and it should tell you what the precise problem was.

You could also try to re-Install SDK & Create Keys (I had to do that when I used the prerelease) or try the android SDK folder fix (if the above fails), but I think if you check/post the full android.txt error log, it'll be an easy find-and-fix.

Hope that helps.

thooruchan
Regular

#8 Post by thooruchan »

r_sami wrote:Probably there was a hiccup in compiling. For me, it was a file with an improper name. Check a few lines above the lines you posted in the error log, and it should tell you what the precise problem was.

You could also try to re-Install SDK & Create Keys (I had to do that when I used the prerelease) or try the android SDK folder fix (if the above fails), but I think if you check/post the full android.txt error log, it'll be an easy find-and-fix.

Hope that helps.
Ok, I looked at the files like you told me, and it gave me an error saying it couldn't find a device or emulator... even though my phone was connected?
So I tried building the apk instead of 'building and installing' and it worked! It created the apk file just fine, i copied it manually to my phone and it works perfectly fine <3
I thought when I made a build i had to install it as well, I wouldn't have known that wasn't the problem.

Thanks so much for your help!! :D

asatiir
Regular
Completed: Within the Walls (Twine)
Projects: Roses Will Rise
Organization: Asatiir's Tales
itch: asatiir

#9 Post by asatiir »

PyTom wrote:Take a look at the 6.99.11 prerelease, where this problem has already been fixed.

I downloaded the prerelease hoping I'd get better luck with installing the SDK and got this:

I'm compiling a short test program, to see if you have a working JDK on your
system.

The JDK is present and working. Good!

Apache ANT has already been unpacked.

The Android SDK has already been unpacked.

I'm about to download and install the required Android packages. This might take a while.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "game/mobilebuild.rpy", line 194, in call
  File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 710, in __init__
  File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 958, in _execute_child
WindowsError: [Error 2] The system cannot find the file specified

I was unable to install the required Android packages.