having trouble with images!

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
iamgothic2

having trouble with images!

#1 Post by iamgothic2 »

im kinda a beginner and can someone help me please? Well, when you define the images as characters, do you put the location of the image anywhere? I figured out (maybe) that you have to put all the images your using in the folder where your project is. But when i launch the game is can't find the characters. Im really bad at this...can you please help me out? :cry:

here's the defining images script:

init:
# Declare characters used by this game.
image bg lecturehall = "lecturehall"

image liam normal = "liam"

$ l = Character("liam", color="#c8c8ff")
$ m = Character('Kamui', color="#c8c8ff")
$ n = Character("voice", color="#c8c8ff")

i thank you for any help given!

Calimon

Re: having trouble with images!

#2 Post by Calimon »

You forgot to put the file extensions on the end of the images you're defining..

like if the "liam" image is a .png image, it should be "liam.png"

so it'd be

image liam normal = "liam.png"

Hopefully this helps..

Jake
Support Hero

#3 Post by Jake »

Calimon wrote:You forgot to put the file extensions on the end of the images you're defining..
As it goes, a common cause of this is that the operating system frequently hides these extensions from you in an attempt to be helpful.

For example, in Windows, you can change this option by opening an Explorer window, going to Tools -> Options (XP or earlier) or Organise -> Folder and Search Options (Vista or later), then moving to the 'View' tab and unchecking the box in the list marked "Hide extensions for known file types". After that, the full proper name that you need to use for Ren'Py will be shown, including the extension.
Server error: user 'Jake' not found

iamgothic2

#4 Post by iamgothic2 »

both of your answers worked!

thank you so much!!! :D