Getting Values from Interfaces / Controlling Viewports

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
curry nochi rice
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Delicatessen, Whom to Notice, Start of Something, Love Sorcery
Organization: Circle Cosine
IRC Nick: Curry
itch: project-rothera

Getting Values from Interfaces / Controlling Viewports

#1 Post by curry nochi rice »

Hi,

Is there anyway to get a plaintext/string value of things like the value of bars/scrollbars? I'm trying to do something when a user clicks a buttons, that buttons manipulates a viewport with a set of coordinates. I'm looking at XScrollValue("vp") right now but it's giving me a store object at <>.

EDIT: Currently browsing through some old forum topics covering the same question.Particularly this.

Okay. Controlling the viewport is kinda okay but not really what I'm looking for. Probably looking at initials and stuff.
As for the properties, is this the way to get it?

Code: Select all

renpy.get_widget_properties(id, screen=None, layer=None)
How to display it's contents though?
Personal (R-13) | Now at IndieDB | Circle Cosine's itch.io
I wanna be done.

Alex
Lemma-Class Veteran

Re: Getting Values from Interfaces / Controlling Viewports

#2 Post by Alex »

Try to think of it from opposite side - the bars and scrollbars are just visualizing some values (like bars in preferences screen), so you need to know the names of this variables.