How to use??

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
FantasyStarX

How to use??

#1 Post by FantasyStarX »

sorry to bother you fine people with my complete n00bishness but i just downloaded the newest version om Ren'Py (4.6 i think) and i cant figure it out. Is it a programe like Rpg Maker or Sphere? if so how do i load it? or is it simply code I write in notepad? Am I simply supposed to open up the demo games code and change it? Or should i start a fresh file? if so where do I place the file and how do I get Ren'py do play the code?

Domo Arigato.

Dre
Regular

#2 Post by Dre »

Hey, in the ren'py folder, there is a game folder. in there, there is a file called "script.rpy". Open that with notepad and code from there. Petty simple actually. :D

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor
Completed: Amgine Park, Garden Society: Kykuit, Metropolitan Blues (art)

#3 Post by rioka »

Better yet, run the game and open up the script file and follow the story with the coding. For more info, there's the included tutorial and if you need further help, just ask here and we'll help. =)

Btw, welcome to the forum! ^_^

FantasyStarX

#4 Post by FantasyStarX »

Thank you all very much,

I look forward to working on my game as well as talking on these forums :p