[HELP] ConditionSwitch, _last_say_who and more

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
mahoop
Regular

[HELP] ConditionSwitch, _last_say_who and more

#1 Post by mahoop »

I'm using the ConditionSwitch to change some characters appearance during talk, with _last_say_who.
I'm not very good at this, so I don't know if this is simple or not, but thats my problem:

My code:

Code: Select all

image main_c = ConditionSwitch(
                                    "_last_say_who == 'main_c'", "images/characters/main_c_sprite.png",
                                    "not _last_say_who == 'main_c'", "images/characters/main_c_sprite2.png")
When "main_c" start to talk it sprite become "main_c_sprite"(_last_say_who), when other text box that isn't linked to it start, its sprite become "main_c_sprite2"(not _last_say_who)

BUT, if there are any code between the those text box the "main_c" will be locked in the "main_c_sprite" sprite,until the next text box that trigger the "not _last_say_who" begin.

Q. I want to know if there are a way to make it aways return to "main_c_sprite2" without relying on the "not _last_say_who" trigger [?]

*Sorry if this is a stupid question, I still learning about it.