Navigation in game

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Mitula

Navigation in game

#1 Post by Mitula »

Hello everyone,

I would like to make an interface in the game to change location. This may look like the image (editing).
For example, this will allow me to move in a house by changing rooms with this navigation or else outside in changenat of place.
Is it possible to do this with Renpy?
Attachments
Test.jpg

Ocelot
Lemma-Class Veteran
Github: MiiNiPaa
Discord: MiiNiPaa#4384

Re: Navigation in game

#2 Post by Ocelot »

It is possible. You did not specify how exactly navigation should happen, so there are two possibilities:

1) If you want for something to happen, when you click on some part of image, ImageMap can help you:
Imagemap documentation, a short guide to imagemaps.

2) If you want buttons to navigate, it is as simple as creating a screen with some buttons and assigning actions to those buttons.
< < insert Rick Cook quote here > >

Mitula

#3 Post by Mitula »

Ocelot wrote:2) If you want buttons to navigate, it is as simple as creating a screen with some buttons and assigning actions to those buttons.
Yes, that's what I want to do but how do I make the plan of the place to move from one place to another?

Donmai
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Toire No Hanako, Li'l Red [NaNoRenO 2013], The One in LOVE [NaNoRenO 2014], Running Blade [NaNoRenO 2016], The Other Question, To The Girl With Sunflowers
Projects: Slumberland

#4 Post by Donmai »

Silence means you've made a very complex question. :wink:
You will have a better look by studying other people's code, and modifying it to your needs. That will help you to learn a lot of things, too.
SusanTheCat wrote:To see a bigger example that has other puzzles go here:
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 11&t=21101

The source code is included with the game for stealing learning purposes.

Susan
Good luck!
No, sorry! You must be mistaking me for someone else.
TOIRE NO HANAKO (A Story About Fear)