Moveout not working at all? [SOLVED]

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
jaco6222

Moveout not working at all? [SOLVED]

#1 Post by jaco6222 »

As simple as it sounds my moveout codes (ALL of them) aren't working at all and I have absolutely no idea why, because my movein code all works perfectly fine.

# Define various variables
define m = Character("Misaka")

# The game starts here
label start:

# Set the scene
scene background_1 sunny

# Bring in characters
show sample character_1 happy with moveinleft

m"Wow today is such a nice day, I think I'll go for a walk"

show sample character_1 happy with moveoutright # Here is where the problem is, it just skips to the next text

"Misaka walked around her new hometown for many hours" # here
"By the time she came back home it was already afternoon"

All the sample characters and backgrounds are working properly as there is more code beyond that that touches on move ins and scene / character changes.
Last edited by jaco6222 on Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

jw2pfd
Regular

Re: Moveout not working at all?

#2 Post by jw2pfd »

I believe this is because 'moveout' only triggers on 'hide' and not on 'show'.

Code: Select all

hide sample character_1 happy with moveoutright   #change your line of code to this
Also, when you copy and paste code, it works better if you use the code tag so people can see the correct indentation.