[Solved] How to Customize In-Game Choices (new styles)

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Feldoran

[Solved] How to Customize In-Game Choices (new styles)

#1 Post by Feldoran »

Hi!
Renpy is awesome, but many tutorials and recipes out there seem to be obsolete :/

For example, this:
http://fuckyeahrenpy.tumblr.com/post/97 ... me-choices

This code gives error messages like "expected 'word' not found".

Using former findings, and the "shift+I" inspector, I tried to change to something like that:

Code: Select all

style choice_vbox:
    color "#fff"
    size 180
    outlines [(2, "#3f603e", 0, 0)]
But it's not getting anywhere.

I'm a little bit lot with styles. I found several help pages about them but it looks like a reference page is missing or something? To know how the existing styles are organised I mean. Or did I totally misunderstand something?

Thanks for helping! :p
Last edited by Feldoran on Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Feldoran

Re: How to Customize In-Game Choices (new styles)

#2 Post by Feldoran »

Oh, I finally found out where the problem was :

The Inspector (shift+I) is not displaying everything on the page automatically, you have to hover the cursor over a button before pressing the combo.

Thus, the style I was looking for was: choice_button_text

Well, I'd actually like to have the menu in the same place as the "sayings" of the characters, but that's a good start.

Ocelot
Lemma-Class Veteran
Github: MiiNiPaa
Discord: MiiNiPaa#4384

Re: [Solved] How to Customize In-Game Choices (new styles)

#3 Post by Ocelot »

Well, I'd actually like to have the menu in the same place as the "sayings" of the characters, but that's a good start.
This is actually the job of choice_vbox style. Change ypos to point lower, decrease or remove spacing and remove background from choice_button style.
< < insert Rick Cook quote here > >