Hiding character name box causes textbox to shift. [SOLVED]

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
TheRavenStag

Hiding character name box causes textbox to shift. [SOLVED]

#1 Post by TheRavenStag »

So I'm using ADV-mode dialogue. I have a bunch of characters created and decided to create a "narrator" like this:

define narrator = Character(name=None, ctc="ctc_blink", ctc_position="fixed")

The "None" part causes the character name box to disappear, which is what I would like to have happen. However, when this does happen in-game, my text box changes it's ypos (xpos seems to look the same) for some reason.

Can anyone help me work out why it's doing this and how to fix it please? Thank you!

(I've attached two screenshots together to show you what I mean)
Attachments
Untitled-1.png
Last edited by TheRavenStag on Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

TheRavenStag

Re: Hiding character name box causes textbox to shift. Help?

#2 Post by TheRavenStag »

I'm still having this issue. Bump?

indoneko
Miko-Class Veteran

#3 Post by indoneko »

try adding window_yalign=0.9 in your character definition

If it doesn't work, please attach your rpy files here so we could find the problem
My avatar is courtesy of Mellanthe

TheRavenStag

#4 Post by TheRavenStag »

Okay that definitely bumps it up (awesome!), it's just off slightly by a few pixels now (dammit!).

What does the align statement do exactly because changing the value doesn't actually appear to change the location for me (I can have it at 1.0, 0.2, the image stays the same), but actually just including it in the definition bumps it up to the location shown in the image below.

What I'm going to do is tweak the ypos of the image while the character text box *is* shown because that's easy to change, especially since it only needs to move a few pixels :) Thank you!
Attachments
11.png
22.png