Pause for click possible when showing images only?

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
abominatron

Pause for click possible when showing images only?

#1 Post by abominatron »

Hello again!

I've been trying to figure this out on my own, but I've been searching a couple of days off and on and can't figure it out.

I have a situation in my visual novel where I want several scenes in a row to only show images, no game text, but I want the user to be able to click to progress when she chooses to as she did for the majority of the novel up to this point.
So far I've just timed it using Pause (n), but I think a user would become confused and try to click to get it to move, and that would just progress past the entire bundle of scenes.

Is there some code I can interject so that it will pause for a click at a certain point? I've read some things that might work but they seem too complicated for me and I'm not sure how I would use them. I just want it to be very simple.

Also, I still can't figure out any way for my images to become hyperlinks without doing something elaborate, as:

{a=label}foo{img=link.png}{/a}

doesn't work. Is this supposed to work or have I done something wrong?

Thank you!

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: Too many! See my homepage
Projects: A lot! See www.winterwolves.com
Tumblr: winterwolvesgames

Re: Pause for click possible when showing images only?

#2 Post by jack_norton »

In my new game I used:
$ renpy.pause()
to force pause until user clicks.
follow me on Image Image Image
computer games

abominatron

Re: Pause for click possible when showing images only?

#3 Post by abominatron »

Thank you! I'll try it.

I just put it where the pause would go, right? That's how I'll try it.

Thank you, it works great!