ver6.99.12.2 (ymargin, ypos problem) & overlay over yes/no

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Mirrowdothack
Regular
Completed: The Iron Heart Witch
Projects: Y;N, Crime•Scene

ver6.99.12.2 (ymargin, ypos problem) & overlay over yes/no

#1 Post by Mirrowdothack »

Hi there
I updated my ver (renpy-6.18.3-sdk) to renpy-6.99.12.2-sdk, inorder to get the Android build to work. It would work before.

However there are a few thing that I noticed
- 1) When I opened an overview (eg. an inventory), and try to close it via x-button the modal (do you want to leave?, yes/no) is placed behind the overlay (which makes sense since renpy order those layers like this, but I wonder if I can put the modal on top of everything?). I tried zorder, but no chance. I need to put this modal in front of my overlays, and in front of my screens, but screens in general need to stay behind overlay. Is there a way to do it and how?

- 2) margin-top, ymargin,.. do not work anymore like before. e.g. a textbutton will only move its font but not its backgroundimg.
- 3) & ypos: I can't define a ypos e.g. for a list of menu items set all of them to a certain ypos and define the space between them via margin

Code: Select all

style.button['backmenu'].background = mainmenu_background 
style.button['backmenu'].hover_background = mainmenu_hover_background 
style.button['backmenu'].xfill = True
style.button['backmenu'].text_align = 0.5
style.button['backmenu'].xpos = mainmenu_xpos 
style.button['backmenu'].ypos = 4 * mainmenu_ypos + 20  
style.button['backmenu'].left_margin = mainmenu_left_margin
style.button['backmenu'].top_margin = mainmenu_top_margin  => this won't work anymore
style.button['backmenu'].top_padding = mainmenu_top_padding
style.button['backmenu'].xmaximum = mainmenu_xminimum
style.button['backmenu'].ymaximum = mainmenu_yminimum
Before Update
menu_beforeUpdate01.PNG
menu_beforeUpdate02.PNG
After Update
menu_afterUpdate01.PNG
menu_afterUpdate02.png
My games:
Image Image

xela
Lemma-Class Veteran

Re: ver6.99.12.2 (ymargin, ypos problem) & overlay over yes/

#2 Post by xela »

A number of things were changed in between, like how frame boarders are handled and how xysize of the containers effects children inside of the container. It's simple to fix, there is also a configuration variable(s) that enable old way(s) in favor of the new one(s).

Look for the differences, it's all in the docs and change logs. Or just fix the gui.
Like what we're doing? Support us at:

Mirrowdothack
Regular
Completed: The Iron Heart Witch
Projects: Y;N, Crime•Scene

Re: ver6.99.12.2 (ymargin, ypos problem) & overlay over yes/

#3 Post by Mirrowdothack »

Hello,
Thx you for your reply, using

config.script_version = (6,18,3)
Works pretty got to retunr to my old settings, however I'm not able to build on Android like this anymore, I don't know why.

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/android.rpy", line 468, in script
  File "game/android.rpy", line 468, in <module>
  File "game/android.rpy", line 264, in android_build
WindowsError: [Error 5] Zugriff verweigert

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/android.rpy", line 468, in script
  File "D:\Programme\RenPy\renpy-6.99.12.2-sdk\renpy-6.99.12.2-sdk\renpy\ast.py", line 814, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "D:\Programme\RenPy\renpy-6.99.12.2-sdk\renpy-6.99.12.2-sdk\renpy\python.py", line 1695, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/android.rpy", line 468, in <module>
  File "game/android.rpy", line 264, in android_build
  File "D:\Programme\RenPy\renpy-6.99.12.2-sdk\renpy-6.99.12.2-sdk\rapt\buildlib\rapt\build.py", line 426, in build
    private_dir, assets_dir = split_renpy(directory)
  File "D:\Programme\RenPy\renpy-6.99.12.2-sdk\renpy-6.99.12.2-sdk\rapt\buildlib\rapt\build.py", line 389, in split_renpy
    os.rename(full_fn, os.path.join(assets, fn))
WindowsError: [Error 5] Zugriff verweigert

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.12.2.2029
Ren'Py Launcher 6.99.12.2.2029
A number of things were changed in between, like how frame boarders are handled and how xysize of the containers effects children inside of the container. It's simple to fix, there is also a configuration variable(s) that enable old way(s) in favor of the new one(s). Look for the differences, it's all in the docs and change logs. Or just fix the gui.
I couldn't find it. (I tried to find things here: https://www.renpy.org/doc/html/config.h ... pt_version). I haven't used frames to display my buttons and I wonder why ths buttonlabel is positioned in a different location as the button itself. Do you have a hint or some keywords that might help me to find a clue / the problem?

My buttons are positioned like this:

def inventory_overlay():
      if show_inventory:
               ui.textbutton("Back", style=style.button['backmenu'], clicked=ui.returns("backToGame"))
               #etc
config.overlay_functions.append(inventory_overlay)
My games:
Image Image