Two window command not recognised

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Hodgekiss

Two window command not recognised

#1 Post by Hodgekiss »

I have been working on my visual novel for a few months now and all is going decent, except for my code giving me headaches. I cannot for the life of me get the two window command to work, i.e. putting the name of a character in a separate box. All tutorials I've seen so far seem to only cover the old GUI system, while I use the new GUI. I've tried importing my script into the old GUI system and the two_window command works, however the new GUI doesn't know what it means and crashes.

I input it in character definition as:
define g = Character ('Genesis', color='#9c8a3c', show_two_window=True)

Anyone can help me finally make progress?

Kia
Eileen-Class Veteran
Deviantart: KiaAzad
Discord: Kia#6810

Re: Two window command not recognised

#2 Post by Kia »

the new GUI don't have two_window anymore, the name frame has a window with style named "namebox" since I always edit screens directly I'm not sure what's the correct tag for it but I'm sure you can find something about it in the new GUI section in the documentation

gas
Miko-Class Veteran

#3 Post by gas »

Again.
New GUI DOESN'T remove two_windows, just have a different code for the say screen.
Open a legacy theme screen script, change the new say screen with the old one, and everything's fine.

ANYWAY, again and again : to update your games you don't need to create a new project and copy/paste old things.
Just drag the folder in the project folders.

If you want a 1280*720 game, just declare it in config XD XD. There's nothing special in the new GUI, no special code, nothing.

(how I hate that GUI thing, no one knows).
If you want to debate on a reply I gave to your posts, please QUOTE ME or i'll not be notified about. << now red so probably you'll see it.

10 ? "RENPY"
20 GOTO 10

RUN

Kia
Eileen-Class Veteran
Deviantart: KiaAzad
Discord: Kia#6810

#4 Post by Kia »

well there are few changes like history / about and help screens plus changes to the preference screen. nothing that can't be added to the old one. the major difference is the few hundreds lines of unnecessary codes added to complicate making games for people who are starting with renpy.
@gas (lot's of people share the same feeling) -_^