How to scroll through the screen?

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Ertal77
Veteran
Completed: A Hand in the Darkness, Chasing the Stars, My Burning Heart, Blood and Lust, Lurkers, Jolly Roger, The Remainder, The Manor, Night and Day
Projects: Deep in the Forest and Exes Assault!!
Organization: Ertal Games
Tumblr: ertalgames
itch: ertal-games
Discord: Ertal#0394

How to scroll through the screen?

#1 Post by Ertal77 »

I have tried the code on the Renpy tutorial and almost every tip I have found here in the forum... but I can't get it to work!

I just want that the screen shows a part of the scene, then when the text advances the focus move to another part of the scene, and so on until if finally shows the whole image once the reader arrives to a given point of the story.

If any of you have done something similar (and my bet is that you have), could you share a small example of coding for it? I can figure out the positions in the screen with xpos and ypos, but blocks and how they work are rather mysterious for newbies like myself :roll:
Do you like BL games? Then join Ertal Games' Discord!

IrinaLazareva
Veteran
Projects: Legacy
Organization: SunShI

Re: How to scroll through the screen?

#2 Post by IrinaLazareva »

Ertal77
Veteran
Completed: A Hand in the Darkness, Chasing the Stars, My Burning Heart, Blood and Lust, Lurkers, Jolly Roger, The Remainder, The Manor, Night and Day

Re: How to scroll through the screen?

#3 Post by Ertal77 »

Thank you, so many things to try in that post! :D

Ertal77
Veteran

Re: How to scroll through the screen? SOLVED

#4 Post by Ertal77 »

:( I took a good look at that post... and it explains, again, how to move characters and objects across the screen. But what I want is to move through a CG, to show only a smaller square of it, then move to another detail of the drawing and so on.

I still can't figure out the code for that. Help??

EDIT: Solved thanks to Andrewus' help... The solution was so easy that I'm still kicking my butt for not thinking of it before!