Error after distributing build

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Kkoro
Regular
Projects: False Elegy, Incompatible Species
Deviantart: 6kkoro

Error after distributing build

#1 Post by Kkoro »

Yo guys,

I decided to create a distribution build of my VN. Everything works fine before the distribution, and there are no lint errors.
After creating the distribution build, for some reason, the game can't find the definition of a transition in options.rpy, which is defined in images.rpy
Anybody know how to fix this?

Thanks in advance,
Kkoro
Character Designer and Illustrator
Follow me on social media!

ISAWHIM
Veteran

Re: Error after distributing build

#2 Post by ISAWHIM »

Define it in options.rpy, prior to the image being used.

Try "force recompile"... It may only be working in your system, due to a glitch... or vice-versa... Not working in the compiled version, because it is not recompiling the old RPYC files, though your RPY files have actually changed, for your testing.

Then rebuild it.

Kkoro
Regular
Projects: False Elegy, Incompatible Species
Deviantart: 6kkoro

#3 Post by Kkoro »

Ok so that kind of worked.
But now it's asking me to define an other transition in screens.rpy. Did that, and know it's asking me to define an action.
There are a lot of unique actions in my screens.rpy, and I don't want to define all of them(cause I wouldn't even know how to).
Is there a solution to avoid this?
Character Designer and Illustrator
Follow me on social media!

ISAWHIM
Veteran

#4 Post by ISAWHIM »

Are these things you have manually setup?

Could there be a chance that somewhere indentation of a block has messed-up the blocks? (Thus, pulling something out of a block, so it is not where you think it actually is. I am wondering if RenPy is correcting the errors, for test-compile, but failing to fix them when actually compiling them for distribution. Could be an error/glitch.)

Can you give a quick example of a line of code that is giving you trouble?