Change Cursor Via Screen Imagebutton [Solved!]

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Heiden
Regular
Completed: Elvine, The Life Threads, Helena's Flowers, Dr. Frank's Build-A-Boyfriend, Beyond the Deep, The Bog's Heart, The Girl With the Gray Hair Awakens
Projects: The Far Rings, NB107A
Tumblr: heidengames
itch: Heiden

Change Cursor Via Screen Imagebutton [Solved!]

#1 Post by Heiden » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:17 pm

Hi! I'm wanting to make it so that when a player clicks a certain imagebutton in my game, the cursor changes.

I'm using this code, taken from here (viewtopic.php?f=8&t=37403&hilit=mouse)

Code: Select all

init 1 python:
    def change_cursor(type="default"):
        persistent.mouse = type
        if type == "default":
            setattr(config, "mouse", None)
        elif type == "1":
            setattr(config, "mouse", {"default": [("images/gui/cursor1.png", 0, 0)]})
        elif type == "2":
            setattr(config, "mouse", {"default": [("images/gui/cursor2.png", 0, 0)]})

if not hasattr(persistent, "mouse"):
        change_cursor()
    else:
        change_cursor(persistent.mouse)
and using it in the label scenes as such:

$ change_cursor("1")
    "Hey look at this cool cursor!"
    $ change_cursor("2")
    "Wow, another cool cursor!"

And things are working great when I test it out, but I'm a little unsure of how to exactly write the code in order to declare the "$ change_cursor("2")" in an imagebutton format. I've tried using a SetVariable and a SetScreenVariable but neither have worked.

So far what I have is:

imagebutton auto "images/gui/inventory_screen/inventory_options_use_%s.png" xpos 0 ypos 0 focus_mask True action [ Hide("item_options"), Hide ("inventory_screen"), Show("inventory_button2"), SetVariable("item_use", "True"), SetVariable("inventory_look", "show"), SetVariable("change_cursor", "2"),]
I'm using Renpy 6.99.11, thank you so much for your help!
Last edited by Heiden on Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Completed: Elvine (GxB), The Life Threads, Helena's Flowers (GxG)(As Writer, Coder), Dr. Frank's Build-A-Boyfriend (BxB), Beyond the Deep (GxB)(As Artist), The Bog's Heart, The Girl with the Gray Hair Awakens

(I ran out of URLs I can have in my sig haha, you can find all the games listed on my itch.io page!!)

IrinaLazareva
Veteran
Projects: Legacy
Organization: IKG

Re: Change Cursor Via Screen Imagebutton

#2 Post by IrinaLazareva » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:43 pm

try Function()

imagebutton auto ..... action Function(change_cursor, "1")
https://www.renpy.org/doc/html/screen_a ... l#Function
There is a light at the end of the tunnel, just pray it's not a train.
___
TODO: unresolved/нерешённое

Heiden
Regular
Completed: Elvine, The Life Threads, Helena's Flowers, Dr. Frank's Build-A-Boyfriend, Beyond the Deep, The Bog's Heart, The Girl With the Gray Hair Awakens
Projects: The Far Rings, NB107A
Tumblr: heidengames
itch: Heiden

Re: Change Cursor Via Screen Imagebutton

#3 Post by Heiden » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:47 pm

It's working!!

Thank you so much! :D :D
Completed: Elvine (GxB), The Life Threads, Helena's Flowers (GxG)(As Writer, Coder), Dr. Frank's Build-A-Boyfriend (BxB), Beyond the Deep (GxB)(As Artist), The Bog's Heart, The Girl with the Gray Hair Awakens

(I ran out of URLs I can have in my sig haha, you can find all the games listed on my itch.io page!!)