Dialogue/Text position

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
AlphaProspector
Regular
Completed: The Circular Gate
Projects: Yume no Sono, Hoshi Agari, The Circular Gate, Koenchu Yonogi Seiyu Story (こえんちゅ!)
Organization: Primum Soft
Soundcloud: Primum Soundblast

Dialogue/Text position

#1 Post by AlphaProspector »

Ok, I'll need help... AGAIN. :D

I've been practising how to make custom dialogue boxes and pointers and found an amazing thread started by Nio regarding these topics but I just can't seem to figure this one out.

See the image attached. The text is totally outside of the dialogue window and that's, well, bad.

That's a placeholder box by the way. The text in there is actually part of the story, I thought it was hilarious to use it as the reference screen :P

I ran the Style Inspector and it pointed to the style.say_dialogue style as the one I apparently need to modify. However I tried to do that without any luck.

Thus, I humbly request: which is the right option to move the dialogue/narration text (the text itself, not the window) to the right position? That is: inside the custom narration/dialogue box.

Of course, thanks in advance.
Attachments
dialogue.JPG
Last edited by AlphaProspector on Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Enjoy tranquillity. Paint reality with the colours of your imagination.

Primum Soft Website and Blog

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

Re: Dialogue/Text position

#2 Post by PyTom »

You probably want to use the various padding properties on style.window.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

AlphaProspector
Regular
Completed: The Circular Gate
Projects: Yume no Sono, Hoshi Agari, The Circular Gate, Koenchu Yonogi Seiyu Story (こえんちゅ!)
Organization: Primum Soft
Soundcloud: Primum Soundblast

Re: Dialogue/Text position

#3 Post by AlphaProspector »

PyTom wrote:You probably want to use the various padding properties on style.window.
Yup, that was it. Another goal for PyTom. Thanks a lot!
Enjoy tranquillity. Paint reality with the colours of your imagination.

Primum Soft Website and Blog