Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
- Posts: 188
- Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:06 am
I want to try to make my own VN using lates Ren'py engine and need hjelp with the script editior and other things.
I don't know how to use script editior, so which somebody could explaine how to use it, I would be very happy.
I really want to try too make my first VN, so I would be very happy which somebody could help me.
- Miko-Class Veteran
- Posts: 528
- Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:00 am
What is this script editor you mentioned? Is this something new?
I usually only use notepad++ to edit my script.
If you're new to renpy, you'll benefit from learning the renpy's tutorial & demo (which is included in renpy's package).
- Writing Maniac
- Posts: 3428
- Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2003 8:51 am
- Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
- Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
- Organization: Tall Tales Productions
- Location: Germany
Moved to Ren'Py questions.
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira