Code doesn't seem to be working - show_two_window=True

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
kaiser511

Code doesn't seem to be working - show_two_window=True

#1 Post by kaiser511 »

I was reading that if you use add show_to_window=True to a character it would move the name box of the character to a box above the textbox
I wanted to to try making it more neat that way but when I add it into the code I get the following:

EDIT

I got it, it is because the textbox default is transparent, I would need to adjust the color for it to appear

Code: Select all

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.
While running game code: File "game/script.rpy", line 45, in script t "Hello, world." Exception: Unknown keyword arguments: two_window
-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------
Full traceback: File "game/script.rpy", line 45, in script t "Hello, world." File "C:\Users\Shuaib McDoom\Desktop\Ren'py\Ren'py\renpy-6.99.12.2-sdk\renpy\ast.py", line 613, in execute renpy.exports.say(who, what, interact=self.interact) File "C:\Users\Shuaib McDoom\Desktop\Ren'py\Ren'py\renpy-6.99.12.2-sdk\renpy\exports.py", line 1142, in say who(what, interact=interact) File "C:\Users\Shuaib McDoom\Desktop\Ren'py\Ren'py\renpy-6.99.12.2-sdk\renpy\character.py", line 876, in call self.do_display(who, what, cb_args=self.cb_args, display_args) File "C:\Users\Shuaib McDoom\Desktop\Ren'py\Ren'py\renpy-6.99.12.2-sdk\renpy\character.py", line 715, in do_display *display_args) File "C:\Users\Shuaib McDoom\Desktop\Ren'py\Ren'py\renpy-6.99.12.2-sdk\renpy\character.py", line 481, in display_say what_text = show_function(who, what_string) File "C:\Users\Shuaib McDoom\Desktop\Ren'py\Ren'py\renpy-6.99.12.2-sdk\renpy\character.py", line 699, in do_show *self.show_args) File "C:\Users\Shuaib McDoom\Desktop\Ren'py\Ren'py\renpy-6.99.12.2-sdk\renpy\character.py", line 283, in show_display_say return renpy.display.screen.get_widget(screen, "what", layer) File "C:\Users\Shuaib McDoom\Desktop\Ren'py\Ren'py\renpy-6.99.12.2-sdk\renpy\display\screen.py", line 1194, in get_widget screen.update() File "C:\Users\Shuaib McDoom\Desktop\Ren'py\Ren'py\renpy-6.99.12.2-sdk\renpy\display\screen.py", line 578, in update self.screen.function(self.scope) File "C:\Users\Shuaib McDoom\Desktop\Ren'py\Ren'py\renpy-6.99.12.2-sdk\renpy\ast.py", line 152, in apply_arguments return parameters.apply(args, kwargs, ignore_errors) File "C:\Users\Shuaib McDoom\Desktop\Ren'py\Ren'py\renpy-6.99.12.2-sdk\renpy\ast.py", line 139, in apply raise Exception("Unknown keyword arguments: %s" % ( ", ".join(values.keys()))) Exception: Unknown keyword arguments: two_window
Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1 Ren'Py 6.99.12.2.2029 Title 0.0 
any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance

EDIT: I did what was recommended by MaximeChaos and adjusted the box, the names were moved but there doesn't seem to be an actual box:
Attachments
aaaaa.png
Last edited by kaiser511 on Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MaximeChaos

Re: Code doesn't seem to be working - show_two_window=True

#2 Post by MaximeChaos »

I think that it's because the New GUI interface doesn't need (and doesn't know) the show_two_window.
This code was meant for the Legacy Theme interface.
Here is a link for the GUI interface : https://www.renpy.org/dev-doc/html/gui. ... nd-namebox

kaiser511

Re: Code doesn't seem to be working - show_two_window=True

#3 Post by kaiser511 »

MaximeChaos wrote:I think that it's because the New GUI interface doesn't need (and doesn't know) the show_two_window.
This code was meant for the Legacy Theme interface.
Here is a link for the GUI interface : https://www.renpy.org/dev-doc/html/gui. ... nd-namebox
Oh so you mean I would use the gui.namebox and its parts rather than the show_two_window?