Help us

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
NNaosuke

Help us

#1 Post by NNaosuke »

I do not know what is wrong, but when I want to download the Android SDK in Renpy and when the extract during the process, I discovered there was a problem but I do not know what the problem might be someone who can help me

Code: Select all

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/android.rpy", line 447, in <module>
WindowsError: [Error 5] Access is denied

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "lib/windows-i686/android.rpyc", line 445, in script
  File "D:\Program File\renpy-6.99.12-sdk\renpy\ast.py", line 814, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "D:\Program File\renpy-6.99.12-sdk\renpy\python.py", line 1695, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/android.rpy", line 447, in <module>
  File "D:\Program File\renpy-6.99.12-sdk\rapt\buildlib\rapt\install_sdk.py", line 241, in install_sdk
    unpack_sdk(interface)
  File "D:\Program File\renpy-6.99.12-sdk\rapt\buildlib\rapt\install_sdk.py", line 127, in unpack_sdk
    plat.rename(plat.path(unpacked, replace=False), plat.path("android-sdk"))
  File "D:\Program File\renpy-6.99.12-sdk\rapt\buildlib\rapt\plat.py", line 118, in rename
    os.rename(src, dst)
WindowsError: [Error 5] Access is denied

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 6.99.12.2.2029
Ren'Py Launcher 6.99.12.2.2029

Imperf3kt
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: Imperf3kt

Re: Help us

#2 Post by Imperf3kt »

Where are you extracting to, does Ren'Py have administrative rights to extract to that folder (directly into c:\ is forbidden to pretty much everything unless you edit user level privileges which I highly suggest you avoid unless you know what the hell you're doing)
Also check that Ren'Py is being run as an administator or with Administrative privileges allowed.

Note: You look to be on Windows 7 ultimate, so you should have access to user level privileges, but I highly advise against going this route as it can lead to all sorts of security issues.
Warning: May contain trace amounts of gratuitous plot.
pro·gram·mer (noun) An organism capable of converting caffeine into code.

Current project: GGD Mentor

Twitter

robschneider

#3 Post by robschneider »

I don't understand this, sorry about that.
United kingdom's reliable spamming the forum like a silly person company - EssayChamp

Imperf3kt
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: Imperf3kt

#4 Post by Imperf3kt »

Okay, to put it simply, go to where you installed Ren'Py and right click on the renpy.exe and select "run as administrator"
Or, so you don't have to do that every time, select "properties", go to the "compatibility" tab, and check the checkbox for running in Administrator mode.

I'm using Windows 7 at the moment, but it'll be very similar in most versions of Windows.
Warning: May contain trace amounts of gratuitous plot.
pro·gram·mer (noun) An organism capable of converting caffeine into code.

Current project: GGD Mentor

Twitter