Sprites

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
maurolcj

Sprites

#1 Post by maurolcj »

Hello renpy community, I wanted to ask if you know programs that are to create sprites for the visual novels

indoneko
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Sprites

#2 Post by indoneko »

You could use any image editing software, like Adobe Photoshop or GIMP, which can save the file as PNG with transparency.

Or were you asking about anime character generator and other similar sprite-template software?
My avatar is courtesy of Mellanthe

maurolcj

#3 Post by maurolcj »

indoneko wrote:You could use any image editing software, like Adobe Photoshop or GIMP, which can save the file as PNG with transparency.

Or were you asking about anime character generator and other similar sprite-template software?
I was asking about an anime character generator and other similar sprite-template software, I am very bad drawing, or a tool that makes it much easier to create a character

SuperbowserX
Veteran

#4 Post by SuperbowserX »

You can also get creative commons sprites for free use.

indoneko
Miko-Class Veteran

#5 Post by indoneko »

This is old, but just in case you haven't known... http://khmix.sakura.ne.jp/download.shtml

iichan also made a renpy-version of this character generator (with additional features) :
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=21515
My avatar is courtesy of Mellanthe

Imperf3kt
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: Imperf3kt

#6 Post by Imperf3kt »

There is an (R-18 enabled) dress up game called K-on Kisekae 2, that allows this usage provided you don't sell the game or pretend you drew the images yourself.

The game gets regular updates and currently has tens of thousands of possible combinations.
Pochi.net or something... I'll try to find the link as the site recently changed address.

http://kisekae-2.wikia.com/wiki/Kisekae_2_Wikia
Warning: May contain trace amounts of gratuitous plot.
pro·gram·mer (noun) An organism capable of converting caffeine into code.

Current project: GGD Mentor

Twitter

maurolcj

#7 Post by maurolcj »

thank you very much to all