Indentation Mismatch

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
LambdaSigma93

Indentation Mismatch

#1 Post by LambdaSigma93 »

Hi everyone, I'm having trouble with indentation when making a jump to the required scene(s)

Code: Select all

menu:
   "Slip some money into her pocket when she opens the window and turns away.":
     "I wait for the tall, raven haired woman to open her window, then as soon as she as done with this trivial task, I expertly let five silver coins fall into her left pocket. Then, I make a bold move." 
     "I approach the front door, the oak stained with time, my face covered best I could, I knock twice. She soon answers."
     W "Oh, um... good evening Sir, what appears to be the matter?" 
     L "Well you see, fair maiden, you hast betrothed me to no end with the most heinous of crimes. Theft!"
     W "I.. I.. What? Begging your pardon, but, I have done no such thing, I have not left my home all evening..."
     L "Then, kindly reach into your pockets, show me what is inside them if you are so innocent as you claim."
     W "Very well then!"
     "She digs into her right pocket, a smug look on her face. Suddenly."
     W "Egads. No, I am no thief! Please, there be some misunderstanding! Don't call the guards, please... I may not see the light of day again if this were to surface!"
     L "I reassure you, if you give me those coins, and offer me a night's rest in your humble abode, my lips shall remain sealed..."
     "I awake, after being well rested, slightly guilty over my actions but as pay no heed to this, as I say my thanks and claim that I shall keep this under-wraps to the woman. After this trivial matter is dealt with, I head to the castle pathway, over the dirt and dust until a more grandiose footpath meets my feet."
     "My brief arrival to this quaint village has gone mostly unnoticed, a few of the folk that wander down to the square with crops, meat and livestock do so with a brisk pace, in order to set up what I can only assume is the marketplace. I open my pocket watch, the time is a quarter past eight in the morn, I am making good pace. I take time to myself to wave to those in market stalls, as they start a long and busy day, much like myself. It is in my best interest to create the illusion that I am friendly to these people, so that no suspicion is aroused by any awkwardness emanating from my personality or body language. A gentleman, in his late forties, strikes up a conversation with me as I approach the dirt path towards the castle."  
        jump scene2

xavimat
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Yeshua, Jesus Life, Cops&Robbers
Projects: Fear&Love
Organization: Pilgrim Creations
Github: xavi-mat
itch: pilgrimcreations
Discord: xavimat

Re: Indentation Mismatch

#2 Post by xavimat »

In your code, the last line of dialogue has 4 spaces of indentation and the line with the jump statement has 6 spaces without a reason; it should have the same indentation as the former line.

Also, usually, in python there are used 4 spaces for every level of indentation, and not 2.
Comunidad Ren'Py en español: ¡Únete a nuestro Discord!
Rhaier Kingdom A Ren'Py Multiplayer Adventure Visual Novel.
Cops&Robbers A two-player experiment | Fear&Love Why can't we say I love you?
Honest Critique (Avatar made with Chibi Maker by ~gen8)

Imperf3kt
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: Imperf3kt

#3 Post by Imperf3kt »

There's problems with the menu as well.
Warning: May contain trace amounts of gratuitous plot.
pro·gram·mer (noun) An organism capable of converting caffeine into code.

Current project: GGD Mentor

Twitter

indoneko
Miko-Class Veteran

#4 Post by indoneko »

@LambdaSigma93 : Just in case you don't understand, here... I edited it for you...

Code: Select all

menu: 
        "Slip some money into her pocket when she opens the window and turns away.":
        "I wait for the tall, raven haired woman to open her window, then as soon as she as done with this trivial task, I expertly let five silver coins fall into her left pocket. Then, I make a bold move."
        "I approach the front door, the oak stained with time, my face covered best I could, I knock twice. She soon answers."
        W "Oh, um... good evening Sir, what appears to be the matter?"
        L "Well you see, fair maiden, you hast betrothed me to no end with the most heinous of crimes. Theft!"
        W "I.. I.. What? Begging your pardon, but, I have done no such thing, I have not left my home all evening..."
        L "Then, kindly reach into your pockets, show me what is inside them if you are so innocent as you claim."
        W "Very well then!"
        "She digs into her right pocket, a smug look on her face. Suddenly."
        W "Egads. No, I am no thief! Please, there be some misunderstanding! Don't call the guards, please... I may not see the light of day again if this were to surface!"
        L "I reassure you, if you give me those coins, and offer me a night's rest in your humble abode, my lips shall remain sealed..."
        "I awake, after being well rested, slightly guilty over my actions but as pay no heed to this, as I say my thanks and claim that I shall keep this under-wraps to the woman. After this trivial matter is dealt with, I head to the castle pathway, over the dirt and dust until a more grandiose footpath meets my feet."
        "My brief arrival to this quaint village has gone mostly unnoticed, a few of the folk that wander down to the square with crops, meat and livestock do so with a brisk pace, in order to set up what I can only assume is the marketplace. I open my pocket watch, the time is a quarter past eight in the morn, I am making good pace. I take time to myself to wave to those in market stalls, as they start a long and busy day, much like myself. It is in my best interest to create the illusion that I am friendly to these people, so that no suspicion is aroused by any awkwardness emanating from my personality or body language. A gentleman, in his late forties, strikes up a conversation with me as I approach the dirt path towards the castle." 
        jump scene2
My avatar is courtesy of Mellanthe