[SOLVED] New GUI choice prompt without narrator

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Queex
Regular

[SOLVED] New GUI choice prompt without narrator

#1 Post by Queex »

If I'm using the setting for the choice prompt to appear as an unselectable entry in the choice list, rather than in the say box, is it possible to specify styles for that prompt in the new gui? It seems like it should be easy enough, but the style inspector implies it's the same styling as the entries below it and I can't seem to isolate it to change its colour. I'm sure I saw a thing for this somewhere.
Last edited by Queex on Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

indoneko
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: New GUI choice prompt without narrator

#2 Post by indoneko »

perhaps you can change it's color in Gui.rpy (in choice button section)
My avatar is courtesy of Mellanthe

Queex
Regular

#3 Post by Queex »

That's one place I've been looking, but I haven't found it yet. It's possible it's in common with a certain button state, but I've gone goggle-eyed trying to work out what shares a style with what.

Queex
Regular

#4 Post by Queex »

This might not be the best way, but it works, at least:

Slip this:

Code: Select all

if i.action==None:
        textbutton "{color=[gui.accent_color]}"+i.caption+"{/color}" action None
    else:
        <original textbutton statement>
into the choice screen and it will give the accent colour to any line without an associated action. You can apply other text styles you want as well.