Help Gui

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Post Reply
Message
Author
mahyuringon
Regular
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:10 pm
Contact:

Help Gui

#1 Post by mahyuringon » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:03 am

I need some ideas about a Historical novel that would match a hostrical GUI? hmm i find my grammar weird but iwan the gui match the historical novel game im making..\

can you please suggest ideas??

User avatar
SuperbowserX
Veteran
Posts: 264
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:09 pm
Contact:

Re: Help Gui

#2 Post by SuperbowserX » Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:22 am

Can you elaborate? What kind of GUI are you trying to make? What do you mean "historical gui"?

User avatar
Vnigma
Regular
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:43 pm
Projects: Origin of War
Organization: VNigma
Contact:

Re: Help Gui

#3 Post by Vnigma » Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:31 am

do u mean a historical background ideas for ur story, if so then in what era does the events of ur story takes place and where exactly?

mahyuringon
Regular
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:10 pm
Contact:

Re: Help Gui

#4 Post by mahyuringon » Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:29 pm

Vnigma wrote:do u mean a historical background ideas for ur story, if so then in what era does the events of ur story takes place and where exactly?
yes between 1892 to 1898 Philippines, Spanish colonization era

User avatar
SuperbowserX
Veteran
Posts: 264
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:09 pm
Contact:

Re: Help Gui

#5 Post by SuperbowserX » Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:12 am

Please elaborate -- how do you want your GUI to "match" this time period?

mahyuringon
Regular
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:10 pm
Contact:

Re: Help Gui

#6 Post by mahyuringon » Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:29 am

SuperbowserX wrote:Please elaborate -- how do you want your GUI to "match" this time period?
hmm the main menus game menus, textbox for the story etc i would like something like an old look or for example on the choices it would be like scrolls/ rolled up paper thta would open up etc

User avatar
Imperf3kt
Lemma-Class Veteran
Posts: 2850
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:05 am
Location: Your monitor
Contact:

Re: Help Gui

#7 Post by Imperf3kt » Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:56 am

So something with an aesthetic similarity to Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lara_Crof ... _of_Osiris
Warning: May contain trace amounts of gratuitous plot.
pro·gram·mer (noun) An organism capable of converting caffeine into code.

Twitter

mahyuringon
Regular
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:10 pm
Contact:

Re: Help Gui

#8 Post by mahyuringon » Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:41 am

Imperf3kt wrote:So something with an aesthetic similarity to Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lara_Crof ... _of_Osiris

lets say the theme looks like an old piece of paper some rips etc of an old paper some part is a bit burnt

User avatar
indoneko
Miko-Class Veteran
Posts: 528
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:00 am
Contact:

Re: Help Gui

#9 Post by indoneko » Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:02 am

Since you're doing a custom GUI, you'll need an artist (or better yet, a GUI specialist) to draw those assets first (the background images, the buttons, the box for the frame, etc).
My avatar is courtesy of Mellanthe

mahyuringon
Regular
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:10 pm
Contact:

Re: Help Gui

#10 Post by mahyuringon » Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:20 am

indoneko wrote:Since you're doing a custom GUI, you'll need an artist (or better yet, a GUI specialist) to draw those assets first (the background images, the buttons, the box for the frame, etc).
cant i find some stock or the like on the web?

User avatar
Imperf3kt
Lemma-Class Veteran
Posts: 2850
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:05 am
Location: Your monitor
Contact:

Re: Help Gui

#11 Post by Imperf3kt » Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:36 am

Of course you can, provided it is licensed for the use type you need.
Creative commons zero is probably the best fit for you, but you may also be able to use CC-NC-3.0-by (creative commons non-commercial version 3.0 by attribution)

These licenses vary slightly by country, but generally they're pretty much the same.
https://creativecommons.org/
https://creativecommons.org/share-your-work/

You'll still need either someone who knows their way around Ren'Py, the GUI, or both. Alternatively, you can do it all yourself, but that will take a substantial amount of time. For example, I spent the better part of four days creating this: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=43580

Good luck with your project.
Warning: May contain trace amounts of gratuitous plot.
pro·gram·mer (noun) An organism capable of converting caffeine into code.

Twitter

mahyuringon
Regular
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:10 pm
Contact:

Re: Help Gui

#12 Post by mahyuringon » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:46 am

Imperf3kt wrote:Of course you can, provided it is licensed for the use type you need.
Creative commons zero is probably the best fit for you, but you may also be able to use CC-NC-3.0-by (creative commons non-commercial version 3.0 by attribution)

These licenses vary slightly by country, but generally they're pretty much the same.
https://creativecommons.org/
https://creativecommons.org/share-your-work/

You'll still need either someone who knows their way around Ren'Py, the GUI, or both. Alternatively, you can do it all yourself, but that will take a substantial amount of time. For example, I spent the better part of four days creating this: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=43580

Good luck with your project.


ahh gahd... i dont have enough time to fudget around to make my own GUI T_T


i cant seem to find my way to the site you link to me..

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot]