Title Screen Image?

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
That Oyajicon
Regular

Title Screen Image?

#1 Post by That Oyajicon »

After a few months of laziness, I'm trying to get back into Ren'Py, and so I decided to download the latest version. However, it seems like a lot has changed, especially in the GUI version.

I'm trying to design the title screen for my game, and in previous versions, there was a line of code in the options.rpy that said something like "This is the image that will be displayed on the title screen", but I can't seem to find anything like that in the new options.rpy

Is there something I'm missing? Where should I be looking for this code?

Clef
Regular

Re: Title Screen Image?

#2 Post by Clef »

gui.rpy

now most of the GUI information are stored there.
You should look for these two lines:

Code: Select all

define gui.main_menu_background = "gui/main_menu.png"
define gui.game_menu_background = "gui/game_menu.png"
or you can add these two line wherever you want. Or you can delete/overwrite the main_menu.png image in the "gui" folder.

That Oyajicon
Regular

#3 Post by That Oyajicon »

Thanks, I managed to find everything I needed! Is there any kind of documentation anywhere that gives a good rundown about how GUI Ren'Py is different from vanilla?

Sleepy
Regular
Projects: Camera Anima
Organization: EXP-resso Mutt
Tumblr: sleepy-does-games.tumblr.com
itch: https://expressomutt

#4 Post by Sleepy »

The documentation's been pretty well updated here: https://www.renpy.org/doc/html/.
W.I.P.

Complete

Image Image