Making a KISS-style paper doll in Ren'Py?

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
figment
Regular

Making a KISS-style paper doll in Ren'Py?

#1 Post by figment »

I'd like to do this, but I'm not entirely sure where to start. I have looked through the cookbook, and tried searching to see if anyone else had done anything, but if this has come up before, I couldn't find it. (There's an awful lot of overlap of the word "kiss", lol.)

There's ui.drag, which I think could be important. And I feel like I'm going to need to get a lot better at python before this is over, lol.

Any way, any ideas on where to start? Has anyone done anything like this before?

Thanks.

Divona
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: The Falconers: Moonlight
Organization: Bionic Penguin
itch: bionicpenguin

Re: Making a KISS-style paper doll in Ren'Py?

#2 Post by Divona »

Mostly it's all about screens, variables, zorder, and drag for that old papaer-doll style.

The easier way to do it, you could look at character creations style using LiveComposite. Pretty sure there are many examples of character creations/customisation here on Lemma Soft.
Completed: