[Question] How to get position&size of image in screen?

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Sirin
Regular

[Question] How to get position&size of image in screen?

#1 Post by Sirin »

I've one question about "How to get position & size of image that show in the screen"

normally "renpy.get_image_bounds" can solve this problem if the image show in label block but not in screen.

Is there a way that can get position and size while that image show via screen language?

my code is something like this

Code: Select all

init:
    image dd = 'dd.jpg'

screen testing():

add 'dd'

label start:

show screen testing

python:
        a = renpy.get_image_bounds('dd')

#do something about size and position

"renpy.get_image_bounds" return None instead of tuple type data and I stuck in this point.

PS.umm....I think "AddToSet()" and "RemoveFromSet()" functions have a bug that alway show a error everytime I use them.

Alex
Lemma-Class Veteran

Re: [Question] How to get position&size of image in screen?

#2 Post by Alex »

Try to set the "layer" property to "screens" - https://www.renpy.org/doc/html/displayi ... age_bounds

Sirin
Regular

#3 Post by Sirin »

Alex wrote:Try to set the "layer" property to "screens" - https://www.renpy.org/doc/html/displayi ... age_bounds
I tried and unfortunely that can't solve it "renpy.get_image_bounds" still return None no matter what...

henvu50
Veteran

#4 Post by henvu50 »

Was this ever resolved? There's no proper documentation on how to get a displayable's xpos and ypos, where it is on the screen exactly.