Changing the dimensions of the textbox

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
cookiecrumble

Changing the dimensions of the textbox

#1 Post by cookiecrumble »

I'm running into a problem with character textboxes, and any help would be appreciated!

I've started a new project that has a gui.rpy file with it, and I'm trying to change the textbox so that it instead of staying a fixed shape, it will shrink/expand according to the length of the text. This is working perfectly on an older project (which doesn't have the gui.rpy file), but I'm struggling to replicate it. At the moment, the textbox does grow longer/shorter, but it is stretching all the way across the screen irregardless of the length of the line.

This is the code I'm using for the character:

Code: Select all

define ja = Character(None, kind=nvl, window_background=Frame("frame1.png"), window_left_margin = 5, window_right_margin = 10)
I've tried adding in xminimum and xmaximum, but the values are just straight up ignored when the game runs.